JIRA is a popular IT project management software that supports many proprietary and open-source tools designed to help teams work better together. The JIRA dashboard provides a comprehensive view of all projects, but you can also filter out certain tasks in the sidebar.
In order to add a filter in JIRA dashboard, you need to navigate to the “Filters” tab. From there, click on “Add Filter”.
Changing the filter on a board
- Select your Jira icon from the drop-down menu ( )
- Select the appropriate project by clicking Projects.
- Select more (•••) > Board settings.
- Click Edit Filter Query on the General tab to alter the JQL query for the filter. Click Edit Filter Shares to edit the filter’s name, description, or shares.
How can I add a filter to A dashboard for Jira, for example?
Make your interactive Jira Dashboard more lively by adding dynamic filters.
- Open the Rich Filter’s setup page.
- Click the Dynamic Filters link on the left of your screen once you’re on the Rich Filter settings page.
- New dynamic filters based on the fields Assignee, Priority, Status, Labels, and Summary are now available.
In addition to the aforementioned, how can I rename a filter in Jira? Select the “Edit Filter Details” option from the menu option on the far right of each filter. You should be able to rename an existing filter name from there.
How can I change my Jira dashboard in this manner?
The system dashboard can only be customized by Jira administrators.
- Choose the Jira icon ( or ) > Dashboards.
- ••• •••••••••••••••• Create a blank dashboard using the Create dashboard command.
- Your dashboard should be given a name and a description so that your team understands when to utilize it.
- Complete the remaining information before clicking Create.
In Jira, what is a filter?
A stored problem search is referred to as a filter. Filters and filter subscriptions may be created and managed by Jira users. A shared filter is one that has been shared with other users by its developer.
Answers to Related Questions
In Jira, what is a rich filter?
A rich filter is a Jira native filter wrapper that adds more definitions for further filtering capabilities on top of the original filter, issue highlighting, different views for the results, calculated fields, and other parameters that the Rich Filter Gadgets may utilize.
What is the purpose of A dashboard for Jira?
When you launch Jira, the primary display is called A dashboard for Jira. A dashboard displays applications and gadgets that give various forms of information to help you and your team manage and monitor the progress of a project.
In Jira, how can I remove a filter?
Getting rid of a shared filter
- Choose the Jira icon ( , , , or ) > Jira settings > System.
- Select Shared Filters from the drop-down menu.
- Search for a filter or browse the whole list.
- Next to the shared filter, click > Delete filter.
- Click Delete if you’re ready to go.
In Jira, what is JQL?
Jira Query Language, or JQL for short, is the most powerful and versatile method to search for problems in Jira. Developers, testers, agile project managers, and business users will all benefit from JQL. So, if you’re a Jira user, this blog is for you.
How can I conduct a Jira advanced search?
Searching in depth
- Choose the Jira icon ( or ) > Issues and filters.
- Select the topics you want to search for. If the basic search box appears instead of the advanced search box, choose Advanced (next to the icon).
- Fill in the blanks with your JQL query.
- To execute your query, press Enter or click.
In Jira, what is a gadget?
Gadgets let you add dynamic material to a Confluence page or the dashboard of a Jira application. Confluence may show gadgets that comply with the OpenSocial standard, including those created by third parties.
What exactly is a Fixversion?
‘Affects version’ and ‘Fix version’ are two separate fields in Jira, yet they both use the same list of versions for their choices. The ‘Affects version’ column is used to attribute a problem to a certain version, while the ‘Fix version’ field is used to provide the future version where the issue will be remedied.
What is the best way to manage my Jira dashboard?
Customize the features of a dashboard.
- Choose the Jira icon ( or ) > Dashboards.
- From the sidebar, choose the dashboard you wish to change.
- Select the More menu ( ) > Edit dashboard.
- As required, make changes to the dashboard’s information.
What’s the best way to make a dashboard?
What you should know before constructing the dashboard
- Excel should be used to import your data. Your data must first exist in Excel before you can construct a dashboard.
- Clean up your information.
- Prepare your workbook by filling in the blanks.
- Recognize your needs.
- Choose the charts that best depict your data.
- Filter your information.
- Create your graph.
- Choose your information.
How do I utilize Jira dashboards?
A dashboard for Jira
- From your Jira project To see all dashboards, go to Dashboards and then View All Dashboards.
- Create dashboard may be found in the upper right corner.
- Complete the name.
- Begin with a blank dashboard.
- Select Public for Shared with and click Add.
- Select Create from the drop-down menu.
What is the best way to share my Jira dashboard?
In JIRA, how can I grant a group access to the dashboard?
- Make sure you’re a member of the group you wish to share the dashboard with.
- After that, make sure you share the filter with that group.
- The dashboard should be shared with the whole organization. the dashboard should be opened Select “share dashboard” from the tools drop-down menu, then Group from the Add Shares choices.
What is the purpose of Jira?
Atlassian, an Australian company, created JIRA. Bug tracking, problem tracking, and project management are all done using it. The name “JIRA” is derived from the Japanese term “Gojira,” which literally translates as “Godzilla.” This tool’s primary function is to monitor issues and problems in your software and mobile applications.