Your heart is one of the most sensitive parts of your body apart from the brain, evidenced by the presence of a hardened ribcage for protection. However, despite measures to protect your heart from injuries or ailments, it, like any other internal organ, is prone to issues affecting its effective functioning. Various disease-causing organisms or poor lifestyle habits can lead to the development of multiple heart issues. These issues can be solved through the emergence of specialized heart facilities like Prime Heart and Vascular. This facility is equipped to deal with many heart conditions, further discussed below.
What are Heart Conditions?
These are problems that involve your heart and its associated cardiovascular system. Multiple heart conditions can influence your blood vessels and heart in different ways.
The type of heart condition you have determines the symptoms you show. Some may not even have symptoms. However, typical symptoms of heart conditions include:
· Difficulty breathing
· Chest pain or angina
· Lightheadedness and fatigue
· Inflammation due to edema or fluid retention
Children’s heart issues are signaled by the inability to exercise, cyanosis, or a blue tinge on the skin.
A heart attack can be indicated by:
· Chest pain
· Heart palpitations
· Stomach pain
· A choking sensation
· Jaw, arm, leg, or back pain
· Swollen ankles
· An irregular heartbeat
A heart attack can make the heart stop working, leaving the body nonfunctioning through cardiac arrest. Heart attacks, therefore, necessitate immediate medical attention.
Heart problems can come about if there are:
· An issue with the blood vessels going to or leaving the heart
· Damage to part of or the whole heart
· A problem with the heart’s rhythm
· A low nutrient and oxygen supply to the heart
Some issues may be caused due to family history, while others are due to certain medical conditions or lifestyle factors that enhance the risk, including:
· High cholesterol
· High blood pressure
· High intake of alcohol
· Obesity and overweight
· Dietary choices
· Family history of heart conditions
· History of preeclampsia during pregnancy
· Sleep apnea
· Low activity levels
· Leaky heart valves
· High anxiety and stress levels
Several options to deal with heart issues may be recommended by your physician after detailed discussions with various specialists. These include:
Various drugs help manage your heart condition depending on the particular issue. These include:
· Antiplatelet therapies like aspirin to prevent clots
· Anticoagulants are blood-thinning drugs used to inhibit the occurrence of clots, including apixaban and warfarin
· Angiotensin receptor blockers like losartan to control blood pressure
Surgery may be required when drugs and therapies cannot alleviate heart disease symptoms. Some typical techniques include:
· Coronary angiography
· Coronary artery bypass surgery
· Repair surgery
· Valve repair or replacement
· Laser treatment
· Device implantation
· Maze surgery
Despite many treatment options for heart problems, dealing with them still requires extreme caution, as most of them can be fatal if not dealt with skillfully. Call our offices in Allen, TX, for any heart condition questions.