We use applications for just about everything. But how do you make one? In this article, we explain how to develop applications.
We will give you a detailed guide on how to create a mobile application that will surely become a leading player in the market.
Do you have a good idea for application development?
Every application starts with the outline of an idea. Maybe you don’t think your idea is that exceptional or revolutionary. But that’s okay. Any idea is enough to start the development of an application.
No special tools are needed to sketch your application idea. Just start thinking, be detailed, list the features, create a possible design. Strike out what you don’t need and you have your perfect project.
If you can’t think of anything at all, a good way to brainstorm is to think about a problem you face every day. Then try to find a possible solution that you can suggest.
How to create a mobile application in 3 steps
Here is a step-by-step guide to creating a mobile application.
1. Pre-project phase
Before moving on to Android or iOS development, some important decisions need to be made. This step is critical to the success of your application.
Once you have identified the idea and goals of your application, make sure there is a market demand for it. Each idea may sound great, but that’s no guarantee it will find an echo in the app store. Don’t skip this step, or you risk wasting time, money and effort on a bad application idea.
The next step is to create a framework for your next application. In short, a framework is a mapping of the most important parts of your application. It illustrates what happens when a user presses a certain key. It is like a map of possible user interactions with the application, it is not the latest version of your application, so the design is not that important. Then you need to choose the best method and tools for mobile development.
Selection of design method
There are 3 basic methods of application development. We explain the features of each device so you can choose the best solution for your project:
- Local: Developers use different programming languages and tools to create applications on different platforms. Native applications offer a great user experience and high performance. However, the main disadvantage of the indigenous method is the high price and long development time.
- Cross section of the platform: Using this method, developers create an application that runs on all devices on the same platform. There are many tools for creating cross-platform applications. This saves time and effort, but it is not a custom solution like the native method. The functional scope of these applications is quite limited.
- Hybrid: This method allows you to create an application that can run on multiple platforms simultaneously. But the application is more flexible and adaptable than the cross-platform equivalent. Hybrid applications are not as great as native applications, but they are still more practical.
Look at the competitors
Research your competitors thoroughly. It is possible that one of them already proposes the solution you want to present in your application. Analyze their reactions and identify their weaknesses. Then propose your own solutions. Make sure your application has all the necessary contest features.
Also read : Top 5 mobile phone remote control applications
2. Developmental stage
That’s where your audition framework comes in handy. You need to give your wireframe to the developers and they will analyze the workflow. You need to define the technical points of the functionalities of your application. At this point, changes may occur if developers examine the application more professionally and come up with better solutions. This allows you to optimize the time and effort spent on development.
Creating a unique design
The appearance of your application is important. Choosing the best color scheme is not enough to make an excellent application design. Customize your design, try unusual ideas for the main elements of your application. Here are our tips for basic design elements:
- Icon: If you have a logo for your company, turn it into an icon for your application. If you don’t have one, it’s time to make one. Make sure it is attractive and exceptional.
- Background: The background should be original, but should not distract the user’s attention from the interface.
- Startup screen : Many people don’t pay enough attention to that. However, the presentation screen is important because it is an introduction to your application.
- Classification: It must be both aesthetic and functional. Organize the elements of our application in the best way possible. You can choose from predefined layouts, but make sure your application works perfectly with them.
- Colors and fonts : Colors and fonts determine how users perceive the content placed in your application.
Minimum viable product
MVP is a product with minimal properties. It’s like a simple and cheap version of your application with only the basic functionality. An MVP is usually created to get initial feedback from users. This is a great way to save time and effort throughout the development cycle. At the same time, users can enjoy your application. The input you receive during the MVP phase can be crucial in determining your path to final development.
Quality assurance (QA)
Quality assurance (QA) is the process of verifying that a product meets recommended specifications and customer expectations.
You should test the application before using it. The application needs to be tested on real mobile platforms. Many methods can be used for testing. You need to test your application on Android, iPhone, iPod, etc. devices. Devices should have different software versions and screen sizes. Testing an application on a single device is not a wise decision. The more thoroughly you test, the fewer problems you will have with the users of your real application.
The implementation consists of presenting the application to real users. Be sure to enable all features required by the end user. Note that the requirements of different app stores may be different. Consider them in advance so you don’t get hijacked.
Even if an application is on the market, its development is not yet complete. After the launch, there are many important things to do.
Promote your application
No matter how good your application is, users won’t notice it in the application market if you don’t promote it. There are thousands more in the application markets. People can use your competitors as a solution. And that’s where the marketing comes in. Promoting an application is a complex process. Here are some tips for effectively promoting the application:
- using social media;
- Create video presentations and demonstrate the features of your application;
- offer users a free trial;
You should never stop promoting your candidacy.
Receiving initial feedback
Encourage your users to share their impressions of your application. You can offer several benefits. This will help you highlight your strengths and weaknesses.
Improve your application
There is no perfect application. Don’t forget to take into account the opinion of your users and improve your application. If you make a positive change, they will notice. Remember to repeat the test procedure from time to time.
If you want to create your own application, you should be aware that this process requires a lot of time, effort and resources. We hope our guide has helped you create a successful application.
I think this tutorial How to develop an application in 3 steps has helped you to develop your own mobile application. If you like this article, please share it and follow WhatVwant on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube for more tech tips.
Developing the application Frequently Asked Questions
Should I create a mobile application for iPhone, Android or both?
Depending on the number of potential users, you can create a native application for Android and iOS. If the number of your potential users use both Android and iOS, you can create native applications for Android and iOS.
What is HIPAA? What does this have to do with my mobile app?
This is the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. The law requires you to include technology to protect sensitive data in your mobile health application or website.
Support us by sharing this message:
developing an app with no experience, how to develop an app for beginners, making an app in 2020, how hard is it to make an app, appy pie, app development steps, how to build an app for android, how to build and launch a mobile app