Today, we are constantly connected to the internet, whether it’s through our phones or computers, or through a wifi or mobile connection. We are so dependent on the internet connection that there is a saying that the house is where the Wifi automatically connects. Have you ever found yourself in a situation where your Wi-Fi automatically connects until you get a new phone, computer or tablet and you can’t remember, while the Wi-Fi password for your iPhone seems to be missing?
This happens often, and is sometimes a problem because, unlike some Android phones that can show you your Wi-Fi passwords in the settings, iPhones don’t. iPhones have enhanced security measures to prevent viruses and private data leaks, so they don’t show Wi-Fi passwords either. They also don’t have Wi-Fi sharing via a QR code that other devices can scan to connect to Wi-Fi, for example. B. with the Xiaomi phones.
As far as the iPhone is concerned, managing WiFi passwords is more secure, but also less convenient. For most of us, remembering the password for wifi is not a habit, and we all have too many details in our calendars to remember the password for the thing we use most often – wifi.
So how do you connect new devices to your home Wi-Fi network or share your Wi-Fi password with others who haven’t noticed it yet? One option is to share your hotspot with other devices. However, this depletes the phone’s battery and makes it difficult to always connect via access points. The hotspot can also be a problem if your mobile plan does not contain unlimited data.
You can still connect to the Internet via your mobile network, but it doesn’t work for your tablets and laptops. Thankfully, now there are ways to get your iPhone password back after you forget it. See our guide below to learn how to get your Wi-Fi password off your iPhone without getting stuck.
How do you find the wifi password on your iPhone?
1. Using the router’s IP address
You can view the passwords for the wireless networks you are connected to using the router’s IP passwords. It sounds complicated, but follow the instructions and you should be able to see your Wi-Fi passwords in no time.
To view the wifi password using the router method :
- Open the settings on your iPhone and go to the Wi-Fi settings.
- Click on the information icon next to the WiFi name. Detailed information about the Wi-Fi network is displayed.
- Click on the DHCP tab.
- In the Router line you will see the IP address.
- Start the web browser on your phone, it could be Safari or Google Chrome.
- Enter the IP address and save it. This will take you to the router’s login page.
- For most router models, the default username and password is admin.
- Click on the Wireless Settings tab.
- You will see the Wireless Security option. Click on the entry with the title Security Key. This should allow you to know your password.
- Quick and easy to use
- You do not need to use a computer or other devices.
- Does not work if you have already changed your router’s registration information
- Only works for the Wi-Fi network you are currently connected to, not for those to whom you have been connected in the past.
2. Use of the iCloud key fob
The iCloud key fob contains all the passwords you have entered on your device. It can be used to access Wi-Fi passwords and other data you have entered on your iPhone. To use this method, you need to synchronize the passwords on the iPhone with the iCloud keychain. Below are detailed instructions on how to recover your passwords with this method.
- Go to your iPhone settings, tap your name, and then tap iCloud.
- Turn on the iCloud keychain switch.
- Wait a few minutes until synchronization is complete.
- Go to your MacBook’s system preferences.
- Click on iCloud. Check the box in front of the keychain to turn it on.
- Go to the launcher and start the Keychain Access application.
- Enter the name of the Wi-Fi network whose password you want to view in the search box. Click on a Wi-Fi network to view the details.
- Click the Show password checkbox to display the password.
- Enter the password for the key fob and the password will be displayed.
- Possibility to view all passwords used.
- Quick and easy
- You need a Macbook, so it won’t work if you only use an iPhone.
3. Use of third party applications
If both of the above methods don’t work, you can use a third party application to view your password. There are several applications that allow you to easily retrieve a forgotten password from your iPhone.
1. Tenorshare 4Mekey
A software that allows you to view all passwords in a few minutes and export them to your iPhone.
Instructions for use :
- Download the application to your computer and install it according to the instructions.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer
- Click Start Scan to search for passwords on your iPhone.
- Click the Export button to export the passwords to your computer.
- View an export file to view your passwords
- Works on both iPhone and iPad.
- This is the first application of this type on the market.
- Ranking the best iOS password researchers.
- Can recover passwords to access sites and applications for Gmail, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Hotmail, etc.
- Mac and Windows compatible and works with all iOS devices and models.
- The rate for a single download is $15.95.
2. PassFab iOS Password Manager
A powerful software that allows you to recover your lost passwords in a few clicks.
Instructions for use :
- Install the software on your computer
- Connect your iPhone to your computer
- Scan and check your passwords
- Compatible with all Windows and Mac laptops.
- Works on any iPhone, iPad and iPod.
- It can also recover your screen password, websites and programs, emails, Apple ID passwords, and credit card information.
- There is a one-time download price of $15.95 or a limited free trial.
A simple software specially designed to retrieve forgotten WiFi passwords.
Instructions for use :
- Download and install the Cydia application.
- Enter the network MAC and click Generate Key.
- It can also crack the password of a wireless router to give you access to the Internet.
- Free and easy to use.
- Compatible with iOS 4, 5 and 6 only.
4. 1 Password
A powerful and easy to use application to recover forgotten passwords.
Instructions for use :
- Download the application from the App Store
- Go to Storage Data and click Recover Passwords.
- It also stores all your passwords and stores them as digital memory to keep them safe.
- Free for iOS
- Powerful and easy to use
- Some features require premium access, which costs $9.99.
- Only work with passwords you have entered since using the application, not before.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
V: How do I find my wifi password?
A : For iPhone, you can’t see the wireless Internet password directly, but you can use 3 methods to get the wireless Internet password:
- By the IP method of the router : Determine the IP address of the router in the phone settings. Call your Internet browser and enter the IP address. Log in to your router with the admin username and admin password. To view the password, go to Wireless Settings.
- About the iCloud keychain : Turn on your iPhone keychain. Go to your MacBook and open the Keychain Access application. Find the Wi-Fi network for which you want to view the password and click View Password.
- By means of requests from third parties: There are applications such as TenorShare 4Mekey, PassFab iOS Password Manager or DIsid to view your passwords for the wireless Internet.
- For Android 10 and higher, you can check the password directly on your phone under Settings -> Wifi. Select the Wi-Fi network for which you want to view the password and click Share. A QR code with the password is shown below.
- For Android 9 and below a root application such as Wifi Password Viewer must be used.
- To find passwords for each wifi, you can use applications such as Wifi Password, Wifi WPS WPA Tester or WPS Connect.
V: How do I turn off searching on the iPhone without a password?
A : You can use applications such as LockWiper, which allows you to disable the Find My iPhone function from your laptop. You can also follow the steps below to turn off the Find My iPhone feature directly:
- Go to your phone settings and open iCloud.
- When prompted for a password, enter any combination.
- Click Cancel if you receive a message that your password is incorrect.
- Click on Account and drag the description. After this step, the Find My iPhone function is already disabled.
To turn off the Find My iPhone feature, even without a password, you can reset your Apple password first and then turn off the Find My iPhone feature. You can do this by going to the phone settings, clicking on the name and then go to the password and security. Select the option Change password. After changing your password, you can disable the Find My iPhone feature.
V: How do I find my Wi-Fi password?
A : There are three ways to check your Wi-Fi password when using an iPhone:
- About the iCloud keychain : Activate the synchronization of the phone’s keychain. Find the Wi-Fi network you want to view the password for in your MacBook keychain access application and click View Password.
- If you do not use a Macbook, you can use the router’s IP method: Determine the IP address of the router in the phone settings. Call your Internet browser and enter the IP address. Log in to your router with the admin username and admin password. To view the password, go to Wireless Settings.
- By means of requests from third parties: If both of the above methods don’t work, you can use applications such as TenorShare 4Mekey, PassFab iOS Password Manager or DIsid to display your passwords for the wireless Internet.
For Android 10 and higher, you can check the password on your phone under Settings -> Wifi. Select the Wi-Fi network for which you want to view the password and click Share. A QR code with the password appears below.
For Android 9 and below a root application such as Wifi Password Viewer must be used. This is a free mobile application that allows you to dock your phone and display your passwords instantly.
V: What is my Wi-Fi password?
A : If you have forgotten your WLAN password, there are several ways to obtain it quickly and easily.
For iPhone users: You can use certain applications, such as PassFab iOS Password Manager or TenorShare 4Mekey. You can also use your Macbook’s key fob to verify your password. If you have never changed your router ID, you can enter your router’s IP address into your web browser and login with admin as user name and password to view your wireless password.
For Android users: If your phone is running Android 10 and above, you can check your Wi-Fi password in the settings. In Settings, go to your Wi-Fi session, select the Wi-Fi network whose password you want to view, and click Share. A QR code with the password is shown below. If your phone runs Android 9 and below, you will need to use third party authentication applications such as Wifi Password Viewer. The application is free and easy to use, but you must have a root account on your phone to use it.
If you forget your Wi-Fi password, don’t panic. Nowadays there are many ways to get your passwords, not only for Wifi, but also for any other password you put in your phone. You don’t have to be a hacker to find your passwords, now you can do it in 5 minutes without hacking or programming.
how to see typed wifi password on iphone,view saved wifi password iphone,app to find wifi password iphone,how to see wifi password on ipad,forgot wifi password iphone,how to find wifi password on iphone without jailbreak,how to see wifi password on android,1.• Open the Keychain Access application. This app is found in the Applications > Utilities folder. You can also get to it through LaunchPad.2.• Select Passwords under Category.3.• Click search and begin to type in the network’s name.,1.• Open the Keychain Access application. This app is found in the Applications > Utilities folder. You can also get to it through LaunchPad.,2.• Select Passwords under Category.,3.• Click search and begin to type in the network’s name.,how to see wifi password on windows 10,how to see wifi password on mac