Locking your Android phone is one of the worst scenarios in which you can have problems with your smartphone. Yes, we create these templates and passwords to increase the security of our device, but sometimes they can be harmful. If your phone has ever been locked, you know what I’m talking about.
Android technology is a widely used mobile operating system in the world. Does this explain why searches like unlocking a locked Android phone, bypassing a forgotten pattern/password, etc. are commonplace? And maybe you’re here because you have the same problem. If you can’t remember your security combinations, fortunately there is a solution.
Today we are going to show you the four best ways to reset your locked Android phone. All these methods work differently on different Android phones. Some accept a particular method, while others reject it. So you should try to choose the right one for your device. However, keep in mind that your data may be lost in the process. Ideally, when you reboot the phone, you delete everything except for special cases.
This includes settings, data, application names. While some methods suggest that you won’t lose your data, there is no guarantee. So you have to be prepared for anything.
4 ways to reset a locked Android phone
Have you tried everything and still can’t unlock your locked Android phone? All hope is not yet lost. Using the following methods, you should be able to access the device within minutes without any problems.
1. Manual reset
All Android phones have a unique way of restoring them to factory settings, even if they are locked. The manual reset process is a combination of predetermined steps that vary from brand to brand. When a hard reset occurs, you cannot restore or back up your data. For this reason, most developers do not recommend trying this method.
However, if you don’t need the data or other methods can’t unlock your phone, a hard reset may be the magic antidote.
Below, we show how difficult it is to reboot some of the most popular mobile phone brands on the market. Then read on;
HTC Android Phone
The HTC is a high-end phone, and the thought of it lying around like garbage with no features can be unbearable.
Follow the steps below to reset your HTC smartphone;
- Press and hold the power and volume buttons simultaneously.
- Wait until the Android logo appears on the screen.
- Release the keys, then use the volume up and down keys to navigate through the options.
- Scroll down until you find the option to reset the settings to factory defaults.
- Use the power button to select this option.
- Follow the instructions to confirm the operation. You need to make sure your phone is sufficiently charged.
- Now, wait a minute. When the restart is complete, your phone starts with the original home screen.
To reset a locked Samsung Android phone, follow these steps.
- Press and hold the Volume up + Power + Home keys simultaneously.
- Wait until the Samsung logo appears on the screen and then release the keys.
- Several options appear on the screen, one of which is to reset the factory settings.
- Use the volume key to navigate through the options.
- Select Factory reset and confirm with the Silent key.
- All data on your phone will be erased.
- Eventually the phone reboots and opens to the main boot screen, then reboots.
To reset a locked Motorola Android phone, follow these steps.
- First, turn off the phone if it is on.
- Press Home + Power + Volume up at the same time.
- Press and hold the buttons until you see the Motorola logo on the screen.
- Release the keys and use the volume key to scroll.
- Continue with the factory reset/delete data procedure.
- Use the power button to select this option.
Follow the steps below to manually reset a locked LG Android phone;
- Press and hold the Volume + On/Off keys simultaneously.
- Wait until you see the LG logo.
- Release the volume control and long press the power button when a hard reset is displayed.
To reset your Sony phone manually, follow these steps
- Press and hold the following keys: Volume up + Power + Home button.
- Press and hold the buttons until the Sony logo appears on the screen and then release them.
- Use the volume key to scroll through the options.
- Navigate to the Factory Reset option and select it using the Home button or the Power button.
Follow these steps to manually reboot your Huawei phone;
- First, make sure the phone is turned off.
- Press and hold the Volume Up/Down and Power buttons at the same time.
- Scroll with the volume key to delete data/restore factory settings.
- Use the power button to confirm the others.
2. Use of a third-party instrument
It’s not every day you’re willing to give up your data. The advent of third-party screen unlocking software is a big relief for people who want to unlock their phones without losing data. One of those tools is Dr. Von’s toolbox.
It is a complete Android phone unlock feature that saves your precious data when you unlock your phone. However, this provision is currently only available for a limited number of brands, such as Samsung and LG. So other phones can also be reset with this tool, but with loss of data.
Dr. Fawn. Characteristics:
- It can unlock different types of locks, including passwords, fingerprints, patterns and PINs.
- It can unlock all Samsung and LG phones without erasing data.
- You don’t need any experience to use it. The user interface is very user-friendly.
- It doesn’t currently work with all models, but development is ongoing.
- It supports both Mac and Windows operating systems.
- Supports Android phones version 2.0 and higher.
How to unlock a phone with Dr. Fone Toolkit
Step I: First, launch the Dr. Fawn application on your computer. This means that it must be installed on your computer. If not, download and install it. After booting up, select the Unlock screen option from the user interface.
Step two: Connect your phone to a PC with a USB cable.
Step III: Select the device (phone) you want to unlock from the drop-down list. The make, model and name of the device must be stated.
Stage IV: If your device is available, click next to it to enter boot mode and perform a factory reset. Follow the steps below to do this;
- Turn off the unit.
- Long press home button + volume down + power button at the same time.
- Press the Volume up key to enter boot mode and wait for the process to complete.
The movement against: Download Recovery Package. After following the above steps, you will be prompted to download the recovery package. Accept it and wait until it’s done. When you are finished, click the Delete button. Your phone will now be available.
What if you can’t find your device in the Dr. Fone drop-down list?
You can still unlock the phone with the advanced mode. In step 3, when you are asked to select your device, check the box I can’t find my device model in the list above. Select Unlock now and follow the on-screen instructions.
3. Using Android Device Manager
Device Manager for Android Phones can help you reset a locked smartphone. Even though this feature is primarily used to recover a lost phone, it can still play that role. Device Manager contains important services that help you find a lost or stolen device. These include locking, scanning and ringing the phone.
To use the Device Manager in this way, you must first have it activated.
If yes, follow the steps below to unlock your Android phone;
- In your browser, go to www.google.com/Android/devicemanager.
- Sign in with your Google email address.
- After signing in to your Google account, select the Android phone you want to unlock.
- When you select a phone to unlock, a pop-up window appears. Select Lock from the three options Ringtone, Lock and Delete.
- A new form of lock screen will be available. Enter a new password, confirm it, and then press the lock button. This created a temporary password that you can now use to access and change your phone’s password.
4. Search function for my device
This method is only suitable for Samsung devices. In addition to unlocking your phone, this feature allows you to locate, dial, and remotely wipe your phone. To use this method to reset your Samsung phone, you must meet two conditions.
First, the phone must be connected to the internet. The source of data on the Internet can be Wi-Fi or cellular.
Number two: Your Samsung account must be active. This means that your account must be pre-activated, otherwise your phone will not accept this method.
If you have met all the requirements, follow the steps below to reset your Samsung phone with this feature;
- Open your computer browser and go to findmymobile.samsung.com.
- Log in to your account with your email address and password.
- Tap Find my phone and then Unlock my device to unlock your Wi-Fi.
- Complete the process by entering your Samsung credentials and then unlock. Your phone should now be unlocked and will unlock.
frequently asked questions (FAQ)
Q: Can I unlock my Android phone if I forget the pattern lock?
Answer: Yes, there are several methods to unlock a locked Android phone. You can perform a hard reset, special built-in features, Dr. Fone, or use a Google account to access a locked Android phone.
Q: How do I delete a pattern without rebooting my phone?
Answer: With the special Dr. Fone tool, you can unlock a locked phone without losing any data. However, this tool is only compatible with LG and Samsung models.
Q: Does a factory reset affect the operation of root?
Answer: It depends on how you do it. If you only clear the cache and user data, the factory reset will not unlock the phone. However, if the factory reset involves erasing system files and rebooting the device, it will be disassembled.
Q: Can someone at the factory make a break for my lost/stolen phone?
Answer: Yes, there is nothing stopping you from performing a factory reset on your device. After the restart, the phone no longer contains any personal data. So, fortunately, your data will not be revealed.
Q: What causes a factory reset on an Android phone?
Answer: There are three main reasons to restart your Android phones.
- Clean the system to make it faster
- If the phone does not boot up due to incorrect Android settings, a default reset is performed.
- If your phone is locked and you can’t remember your password, PIN, fingerprint or pattern.
Q: What do I need to reset my Android phone?
Answer: The tools you need depend on the method you want to use. Although the usual tools are PC and USB, then a locked device.
If you can’t remember your Android phone’s password, you’re not done yet. With the above methods, you can unlock your phone without much effort. These methods are brand specific, but some may not work on your phone. So you need to check which one works on your device.
Feedback,how to reset samsung phone when locked,how to unlock android phone without password,how to reset android phone when locked lg,how to unlock android phone pattern lock if forgotten,how to reset android phone when locked using computer,how to reset android phone when locked samsung,Privacy settings,How Search works,how to unlock android phone password without factory reset,how to unlock android phone pattern lock without factory reset