Without a doubt, computer users today face frequent admin tasks in their daily duty to maintain their computer systems. The problem is that the users may forget the exact steps to take in order to perform a particular task. For instance, if a user wants to change a user name in the Windows operating system, the admin may not remember the steps to properly do so. Developers often have to take care of admin tasks as well. To do so, they need to have an account on their system. If the developer forgets the steps to add a user account, it may be very difficult for him to do so.
As I described in this post , an account is the simplest way to use a computer, but a user account is not enough. You also need to be able to add other users, such as employees, family members or friends, to your computer. This usually isn’t complicated, but it can be confusing if you’ve never done it before.
To add or remove a user in Windows 11 requires you to log onto the “Groups and Family Safety” setting page, which can be found in the “System and Security” section of “Control Panel”. To access this setting, you can browse to the following location, using the “Windows key” + “R” keyboard shortcut:. Read more about remove administrator account windows 10 and let us know what you think.
Vladimir Popescu Editor-in-Chief
Vladimir, who has been an artist all his life and plays professional handball, is also fascinated by all things computer related. With an innate penchant for research and analysis, and an awareness of… Read more
- If you don’t need Clitter on your system, read how to add and remove users in Windows 11.
- To create a new user account, you must use the computer’s management console.
- After you delete an account, you must also delete its folder in the Users folder.
- You must have administrator rights to perform any of these operations.
We recommend Restoro PC Repair Tool to solve various PC problems:
This program fixes common computer errors, protects you from file loss, malware and hardware malfunctions, and optimizes your PC for maximum performance. Fix PC problems and remove viruses in 3 easy steps:
- Download the Restoro PC repair tool, which contains a patented technology (patent available here).
- Click on the Start Scan button to scan for Windows issues that may be causing the PC problems.
- To fix problems that affect the security and performance of your computer, click Repair All.
- Restoro was downloaded by 0 readers this month.
We have a new chapter in the OS book called Windows 11. Microsoft has subtly changed many features and looks, but the mechanism of the system has remained pretty much the same.
We have written an exclusive review of the Windows 11 release where you will find all the details of the new version.
However, our guide today will show you exactly how to add and then delete a user in Windows 11.
How can I easily add or remove a user in Windows 11?
1. Add a new Windows user 11
- In Windows 11, you log on as the administrator, because only the administrator has the right to add and delete accounts.
- Right-click on This PC and select Manage.
- Expand Local Users and Groups, right-click Users, and select New User.
- You will now need to enter your username and password and click Create.
- You will notice that the default check box User must change password next time he logs on is selected. This means that you leave the choice of password to the user.
- You can also disable this option and select User cannot change password if you want to maintain full control over the account.
As you can see, adding another user account in Windows 11 is not that difficult if you follow the above steps.
Once you have changed users and the new user is logged in, he will go through the customization settings and then his profile will be created.
In the next step, we will now show you how to delete a user account in Windows 11, using the account we created for this purpose.
2. Delete a user account in Windows 11
- Log on to Windows 11 as an administrator.
- Right-click This PC and select Manage, as you did when you created the account, to open the computer management options.
- Unfold Local Users and Groups and select Users.
- Right-click on the user you want to delete and select Delete from the menu.
- Confirm the removal by clicking Yes in the next dialog box.
- Close the Computer Management window.
- Click on My Computer and double-click on the C: drive.
- Now double click on the Users folder.
- Right-click on the folder of the user account you want to delete, in our case Bill, and select Delete from the list.
It is important to note that it is not enough to delete a user account in the computer’s management console, you must also delete the user’s profile folder.
In this way you create a lot of space. The process is pretty simple – just follow the steps above to do it quickly.
The process of adding and deleting a user account hasn’t changed in Windows 11, and we hope our guide was clear on how to do it.
If you want to customize your experience, you can also read our guide to changing your password and username in Windows 11.
Were you able to create and delete a user account? If you would like more information, please feel free to leave a comment in the comment box below.
Was this page helpful? Thank you.
Not enough details.
It’s hard to understand
Contact an expert
Take part in the discussionHere is a blog post that details how to add or remove a user that can be used in Windows 11.. Read more about windows 10 user account management and let us know what you think.
remove administrator account windows 10how to remove user from windows 10can't remove family member windows 10windows 10 user management consolewindows 10 user account managementhow to remove all accounts from windows 10,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,remove administrator account windows 10,how to remove user from windows 10,can't remove family member windows 10,windows 10 user management console,windows 10 user account management,how to remove all accounts from windows 10,how to change administrator account in windows 10,how to remove main account from windows 10