As a result of increased security awareness, many antispyware or antivirus programs will automatically block TeamViewer. It’s actually an extremely common occurrence, and have no doubt that it’s due to the fact that a remote desktop program that can access your computer is a serious security risk. However, you can get around the problem by following a few simple instructions.
It is a common scenario: You want to quickly connect to a computer remotely, but the firewall or antivirus software blocks your attempts. This happens because TeamViewer, as well as many other remote control tools, is seen as a security risk and blocked by default. In this guide, you can find easy solutions to this problem.
However, since it connects via the Internet, TeamViewer may be blocked by some antivirus programs.
In this context, security solutions may consider the application a potential security breach, so they block access and functionality as a precautionary measure.
The best antivirus offers for you:
If this happens and you cannot use TeamViewer because of antivirus software, do not worry; you can reactivate the program by setting an exception rule in your firewall.
Below, we will see how to perform this process for the most popular antivirus programs currently used on the Windows 10 platform.
How can I fix the antivirus that is blocking TeamView?
1. ESET blocks TeamViewer
- Open ESET Smart Security and then press F5 to open the advanced settings.
- Select Detection Engine and expand Exclusions.
- Next to Service Exceptions, choose Edit.
- In the Path field, choose Add.
- Find the path to the folder you want to exclude.
- To save your changes, click Ok.
- Your TeamViewer should now work as expected.
2. Avast blocks TeamViewer
- Open Avast and select Settings.
- Click the General tab in the left pane of the main window.
- You can access the Exceptions feature, which allows you to add a specific program and create a firewall rule.
- Use the File Paths tab and add the path to TeamViewer.
- The program will now be excluded from future Avast scans.
Have you experienced other problems with TeamViewer? Solve them with this excellent article.
3. Avira blocks TeamViewer
- Open Avira on your computer.
- Go to the menu and select Configuration.
- The next step is to select the Internet Security option.
- In the next window, you should see a link for Application Rules; click it.
- You can now open the firewall settings.
- So, to add TeamViewer to the list of exceptions, click on the Change settings option.
- You will find the TeamViewer entry in the list of allowed programs. Make sure you have authorized access to this program.
- Save the changes and enjoy.
- Now Avira should not block TeamViewer anymore.
4. Bitdefender blocks TeamViewer
- Open Bitdefender on your computer.
- Go to the Protection tab (click on the shield icon).
- Then click on the View modules link.
- Click the Settings icon in the upper right corner of the main window.
- Now go to the Exceptions tab.
- Select the list of files and folders you want to exclude from the scan file.
- Select the Add button.
- Find and open the folder where TeamViewer resides – make sure you have selected on-demand and access scanning.
- Click Add and save the changes.
- Then select the list of processes excluded from the scan and locate the TeamViewer .exe executable file and allow access.
- Save your changes and restart Windows 10.
Want to try other remote control programs? We have included many items in this helpful list.
5. Kaspersky blocks TeamViewer
- Start Kaspersky on your computer.
- In the main user interface, go to General Settings.
- Then go to and select Advanced.
- Select Threats and Exceptions – this field should be in the right frame of the main window.
- Click on the Configure Exclusion Rules link.
- Here you can select the type of file to include in the firewall exceptions list.
- Add TeamViewer and save the changes.
- Then restart the device and check if TeamViewer is working properly.
If the remote device or source does not accept the connection, there are 4 ways to resolve the error.
6. AVG blocks TeamViewer
- Start AVG and click on the Firewall section of the main user interface (last section on the right).
- Click the Settings icon and select Advanced Settings from the submenu that appears.
- The AVG Internet Security window is displayed on the screen.
- From there, go to the Applications tab, the second panel in the left pane.
- If TeamViewer is not in the list, click Add.
- Find the path to TeamViewer, add it and select the executable file for your program.
- Then click the New button.
- Close the firewall settings and verify that TeamViewer can now be used.
If you are experiencing issues with high DPI values when working with Remote Desktop in Windows 10, you can fix it here.
7. Symantec blocks TeamViewer
- Click the Advanced button in the main Norton window.
- In the left pane, you should see the Firewall field – click on it.
- Now click on the settings icon corresponding to the Block Applications icon.
- In the Application Lock Settings area, click Add application.
- If TeamViewer is not displayed, click Other and expand the search.
- Select the TeamViewer application in the Select Application dialog box.
- Press Select when finished.
- At the end, choose Finish and restart.
8. Windows Defender blocks TeamViewer
- Open Windows Defender.
- Launch the search box (click the Cortana icon) and type Windows Defender.
- In the main Antivirus window, click Protect against viruses and threats.
- Then go to the virus and threat protection settings.
- Click Add or remove exclusions.
- Add TeamViewer to the exceptions list so that the program can be reactivated.
- Save the changes and restart.
Learn how to add a new firewall rule to re-enable access to TeamViewer on a Windows 10 system.
Now you can hopefully remotely access other devices via TeamViewer and still use your favorite antivirus solutions.
This source has been very much helpful in doing our research. Read more about firewall blocking teamviewer and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I disable TeamViewer firewall?
TeamViewer is a very popular remote access software program that allows you to connect to another computer remotely, which can be helpful to fix computer problems or to access a computer from a different location. However, TeamViewer can be blocked by a firewall. This is a security measure to protect a computer from unauthorized access, and it can be annoying when you are trying to connect to your computer using TeamViewer. This article will give you some tips for how to disable your firewall to allow TeamViewer to run properly. According to Symantec’s support page on their website, “Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) Corporate Edition” is an antivirus solution that ” helps protect your organization from viruses, spyware, rootkits, and other malicious software. It also prevents unauthorized changes to your network, helping to reduce security risks and maintain your computers’ effectiveness.” When I tried to install TeamViewer on a client computer, I was informed by TeamViewer that the Firewall on the client computer was blocking access to port 6185, which is the default port for TeamViewer.
How do I stop my antivirus from blocking a program?
Security is important. And while it’s important to keep your computer safe from viruses and the like, it’s also important to make sure you’re not blocking software you should be using. How do we do this? It’s simple: you need to make sure your antivirus is up-to-date. If you need to add an exception for a program, such as teamviewer, you will need to do so. It’s important that you don’t just disregard the information you receive when you’re installing software. If you are unsure whether or not you should add an exception, contact the provider of the software. After all, you don’t want to be the person who ignores an antivirus and finds out the hard way that they, The average person has dozens of programs running on their computer at any given time, but sometimes even the simplest program can cause conflicts with other programs. For example, you might be trying to run a new program called “Awesome Run”, but your antivirus program is reporting that the binary has dangerous code that could harm your computer. How do you know whether the program is safe or if the antivirus is causing the problem?
Why is TeamViewer blocked?
It is a well-known fact that Symantec Corporation is one of the leading software vendors in the world. For years, Symantec has been developing and distributing business-oriented software that allows users to easily share and access files, databases, and more. Recently, Symantec users have been reporting that the company’s free remote control and file transfer software, TeamViewer, is no longer working. !!!! Bonus Round !!!! TeamViewer is one of the most popular remote access solutions out there, but in some instances, it can be blocked by security tools. If you’ve ever wondered why that might be the case, and what can be done about it, read on.
how to allow teamviewer through firewallteamviewer website blockedfirewall blocking teamviewerhow to unblock teamviewerteamviewer downloadteamviewer vpn firewall settings,People also search for,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,teamviewer blocked by symantec endpoint protection,how to allow teamviewer through firewall,teamviewer website blocked,firewall blocking teamviewer,how to unblock teamviewer,teamviewer download,teamviewer vpn firewall settings,protocol used by teamviewer