I was recently asked by a friend to assist with the debugging of a problem they were having with their wireless network. Naturally, since I am also a network engineer, I was happy to help. In this blog post, we will go over the steps I took to help debug this issue.
Hello, guys! I am a IT student who has been dealing with this error code for 4 days now. Last night I had to write about this in my blog in case someone else would have the same issue. Part 1: This is the error message I get when I run the ‘wlanreport’ command. So I tried to get help from the internet, and I found many forums with the same error message. Part 2: I tried the following things without success. I removed the storage card and installed it again, I uninstalled the driver from device manager and re-installed it again. I ran the command without the /D or /U parameters. I ran the command with admin rights. I ran the command fromRECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance. Error code 0x3A98 occurs when users attempt to run a full WlanReport from the command line. This analysis is usually performed by users who have problems connecting to their own wireless network. If you are also facing the 0x3A98 error on your computer, this article will help you get rid of it with some solutions that have helped other users.
What causes error 0x3A98 when generating WlanReport via CMD
The router doesn’t match: As confirmed by several affected users, this problem can also be caused by an issue with your router or modem alone. Current network problem: It appears that a defective network component can also be the cause of this error message. Insufficient permits : If you encounter this problem when trying to run WlanReport, you are probably trying it from the normal command line. Problems with third-party audiovisual equipment : If you use third-party security software, it may gain too much control over LAN communications.
Fix 0x3A98 error when creating a WlanReport with CMD
updated June 2021:
We now recommend that you use this tool to fix the error. Moreover, this utility repairs common computer errors, protects you from file loss, malware and hardware malfunctions, and optimizes your PC for maximum performance. With this program you can quickly solve PC problems and prevent further problems:
- Step 1: Download the PC recovery and optimization tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step Two: Click Start Scan to detect problems in the Windows registry that may be causing problems with your PC.
- Step Three: Click Repair All to fix all issues.
Troubleshooting network problems
- Open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows key and R.
- Type ms-settings: troubleshoot in the box and press Enter to start the troubleshooter.
- Under Troubleshooting, scroll to More Problems and click Network Adapters.
- Then click on Run Troubleshooter from the Advanced menu.
- Troubleshooter displays the network adapters present in your device.
- Select the one that causes the problem and click Next.
- If you get error 0x3A98 for both wireless and wired networks, select All network adapters and click Next.
- At this point, the wizard begins to scan your system for recommended patches.
- If a patch is found, click the Apply this patch link to apply it.
- When finished, restart the computer according to the instructions and check if error 0x3A98 continues to occur.
If you have tried the above three solutions and still cannot resolve the 0x3A98 error in Windows 10, the problem may be related to your router or modem. Users who encountered this 0x3A98 error could correct it by updating their network connection. Just turn the modem off completely, wait a few seconds, then turn it back on. Some modems require you to use a sharp object to reach the reset button. In any case, when you turn the modem or router back on, the 0x3a98 error no longer occurs.
RunlanReport as administrator
- Press the Windows key and then the R key while holding down the Windows key to display the Run dialog box.
- Type cmd in the Run dialog box and press CTRL + SHIFT + ENTER. This starts the command prompt with administrator privileges.
- On the extended command line, the next step is to create a Wifi report. Run the following command: netsh wlan show wlanreport
- After you type the command, press Enter to execute it.
If you only get the 0x3A98 error when WlanReports is fully running, the error may be due to insufficient permissions. Running WlanReports in advanced mode fixes the 0x3a98 error on Windows.
Deactivate all external interventions
Intervention here refers to a security program with real-time protection that monitors your network data. If this check is too strong, it can cause the 0x3a98 error on Windows 10. The treatment in this case is simple. Simply disable these applications or remove them completely. Comodo and McAfee would be the most common offenders. You can disable antivirus, anti-virus and similar protection programs from the taskbar or from their interface. To remove it completely, follow the steps below:
- Press the Windows key and then the R key on your keyboard to bring up the Run dialog box.
- In the Run dialog box, type appwiz.CPL.
- A page will appear with a list of all installed programs.
- Find the program you want and right click on it.
- Once the program is selected, press the Delete/Edit key.
- Follow the instructions in the wizard and restart your computer when you are finished.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance.