Making routine check-ups with an obstetrician or a gynecologist has an array of health care benefits to women’s overall health and wellness. You can acquire preventative women’s care services from Suncoast Women’s Care, a gynecological clinic led by a team of professional obstetricians and physicians.
Here are several ways you can benefit from getting a women’s annual well exam and the various medical check-ups to expect during your annual women’s wellness visits.
What is an annual women’s wellness exam?
The human body, particularly the female body, is complex. Undertaking an annual women’s wellness exam is crucial for your overall health. It involves a one-year visit to a woman’s primary care provider for a general check-up on her reproductive and overall health.An annual women’s wellness exam is also a preventative care method for identifying any health problems earlier and administering early treatment.
Benefits of an annual women’s exam
Since annual women’s exams are designed for preventative healthcare purposes, they offer unique benefits to women of all ages, as highlighted below.
- Identifies any cancerous conditions in your body: During an annual women’s exam, your gynecologists will conduct a pap smear test to screen for abnormalities such as cancerous tissues or the presence of HPV. HPV, human papillomavirus, is the most common cancerous virus in women causing cervical cancer.
- Offers professional breast examination: Breast examination is also one of the top benefits you might get from attending an annual women’s exam. Your provider provides breast exam screens for any changes that might have occurred without your knowledge. Significant breast changes usually indicate an underlying health condition.
- Eliminates any health worry or stress: If you suspect having an underlying health condition, an annual women’s health visit will eliminate any doubts about your reproductive and overall health.
- Provides a platform for women to ask questions: Most women usually have at least one question or more regarding their health status. If you have any personal health concerns or questions, attending an annual women’s health visit will be an excellent platform to ask all your unending questions.
What should you expect during your annual women’s wellness visits?
Several examinations are conducted by your health provider during the annual women’s health visits, as highlighted below.
- Physical examinations: This includes factors that might affect your overall health, including your blood sugar levels, blood pressure, heart rate, and weight. Your health provider might also listen to your lungs to check for any signs of health troubles.
- Gynecological examination: A gynecological exam involves checking your reproductive system and urinary and vaginal health. Also, during a gynecological exam, you can ask questions regarding menopause, pregnancy, and menstrual health.
- Vaccine check: Vaccines are not only meant for children but also for adults. During your annual women’s wellness exam, ensure that you are up to date with vaccines and administer them if necessary.
- Screening test examination: Your healthcare provider can perform screening tests to check for common health conditions such as colon and breast cancer, diabetes, thyroid disease, etc. These screening tests include; a mammogram, colonoscopy, etc.
Taking care of your health is a significant opportunity that you should prioritize. At the facility, you will find the best women-to-women specialists, gynecologists, and obstetricians who will provide you with cutting-edge women’s medical care services. You might also benefit from various other services, including body contouring, vaginal revitalization, skin tightening, etc. Call their offices today or book an online appointment.