Crop tools, crop tools, magic wand, symmetry mode, white balance, color scale and color correction are just some of the many Photoshop features you can use to enhance your photos.
If the Photos application fails, the most popular photo editing software can definitely improve your work!
2. Performing built-in troubleshooting
Here’s how to run the special troubleshooting app and try to fix the Photos app and photo enhancement mode:
- Right-click on Start and open Settings.
- Open update and security.
- In the left pane, choose Troubleshooting.
- Highlight the Windows Store Application Diagnostic Tool at the bottom of the list.
- Click the Perform Troubleshooting button.
The first step in troubleshooting is the built-in part of Windows 10. Since the Photos application is an integral part of the Windows 10 workflow, there is a dedicated diagnostic tool that addresses issues with the application.
The idea was that UWP applications would take over, but even built-in applications like Photos and Mail and Calendar would fail. This is where the Store application’s troubleshooting software comes in.
3. Windows 10 Update
Here’s the full directions:
- Open Settings and go to Update and Security > Windows Update and check for updates.
- Wait for the available updates to be applied.
- Go to the Microsoft Store and click on the three-point menu.
- Select Downloads and Updates.
- Updating Windows photos.
It’s hard to count how many times Microsoft has changed the Photos application since its introduction in Windows 8.
Because of the problem, they have removed several car upgrade options today.
You now need to apply it to each individual photo. And even this, of course, will not work as originally planned. If it was a minor problem, Microsoft could have swept it under the rug.
But since there were (and still are) many complaints, they had to do something. And it seems they did.
We therefore recommend that you check that you have the latest updates. Also, go to the Microsoft Store and check for updates.
4. Reset request
Here’s how to reset the Photos program in Windows 10:
- Open the settings.
- Select applications.
- Search for Photos under Applications and Features.
- Highlight the Photos application and open the advanced options.
- Scroll down and press Reset.
As you probably know, you cannot delete the Photos application. It is the successor to Windows Photo Viewer and the main competitor to Google Photos.
On the other hand, you can reset the application to its factory settings. It won’t affect your photos, so don’t worry.
It just clears the entire filled cache and essentially refreshes everything, since this is the first time you are running the application.
5. Reinstalling Windows Pictures
Follow the steps below to reinstall Windows Photos in Windows 10 :
- Right-click on Start and open PowerShell (Admin).
- At the command prompt, type the following command and press Enter: get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage.
- Wait for the application to reinstall and restart the computer.
- Open the photos and reactivate the enhancement function.
Yes, we said you can’t delete Windows photos. However, this does not mean that the application cannot be reinstalled. This obviously requires a more sophisticated approach than the solution proposed above.
To reinstall Windows Photos (or any other built-in application), use PowerShell as described above.
6. Try to use only local pictures
Learn how to disable OneDrive for Windows photos:
- Open the photos.
- Click on the three-point menu and open Settings.
- In Microsoft OneDrive, remove the Show cloud content of OneDrive only check box.
- Close the photos and restart the PC.
- Open the photos again and check that the Enhance system is working.
If there’s one clear advantage of the Photos app, it’s the direct access to cloud storage. This, of course, is Microsoft’s OneDrive.
You can access all the photos stored in OneDrive without downloading them. However, some reports indicate that it causes additional slowdowns and problems with Windows Photos.
Especially if you have changed the default location of OneDrive on your PC or if photos are only stored online.
We therefore recommend disconnecting OneDrive from Windows Photos (unless this link is an absolute necessity). You always have access to all the photos in your local storage.
If you know of an additional resource, please let us know in the comment section below.
Please also leave your other questions or suggestions here.
FAQ: Learn more about Windows 10 Photo Enhancer
- Does Windows 10 have a photo editor?
Yes, you can use the Photos program in Windows 10 to edit photos. If you are having problems with the Photos application, then you can solve them with the help of our simple guide.
- What do professional photographers do to edit their photos?
To retouch photos, photographers use specialized image editing software that offers many editing options, such as B. Adobe Photoshop.
- What is an executable file for Windows Photo Viewer?
Since it is part of the Windows application suite, there is no .exe file for Windows Photo Viewer. The application itself has been discontinued, but there are many software options to view photos for you.
Editor’s comment : This article was originally published in July 2018 and revised and updated in January 2021 for timeliness, accuracy and completeness.
photos media engine add-on download, windows 10 photos auto enhance missing, how to disable auto-enhance in photos on windows 10 2020, windows 10 photo viewer not working, windows 10 photo enhancement, batch enhance photos windows 10, microsoft store, how to disable photo viewer on windows 10