Unfortunately, the Settings has Stopped error message may indicate a serious problem or a minor firmware issue. So, if you don’t fix this error soon, it can cause a serious problem on your phone.
However, if you really want to fix this bug as soon as possible, read this article. Discover the best approach to fix it here Unfortunately, the settings remained after resetting Android’s default settings.
So what are you waiting for ……… Come on, come on, come on!
Table of contents :
Part 1 – How can I restore settings that unfortunately no longer work in automatic mode?
If you want to fix the settings that unfortunately stopped after resetting Android to factory settings, you can use the most recommended Android repair tool. This instrument requires no technical knowledge and is very user-friendly.
Moreover, it has the ability to repair unfortunately accessibility stopped or settings keep stopping Samsung problem easily, including other types of errors. Your phone will then work normally as before. This tool is easy to use and works on all Android phones in all situations.
So, just download and install Android Repair Software, then try the simple troubleshooting steps unfortunately stopped Xiaomi or other brands settings.
(*The free version allows you to view only the repair files).
Follow the step-by-step guide to fix the installation stop after an Android factory reset.
Part 2: How can I manually restore Android settings that have been paused?
To resolve the Settings has Stopped error, follow simple manual methods. All methods have been tested and found effective.
Let’s get started:
Method 1: Restart Android device
Sometimes many small bugs can be fixed by simply restarting an Android device. Let’s try this solution method. Unfortunately, the parameters stopped the error:
- First, press and hold the power button until the pop-up window appears.
- Click to reload the selection and click OK to continue.
After performing these steps, go and configure your Android app to know if the problem is fixed or not.
If this did not resolve the error, try the following method.
Method 2: Remove the latest update from Google
Deleting the Google Play Store updates also fixed the error Unfortunately, the settings stopped. You are therefore encouraged to use this solution. Now follow the instructions:
- On your Android device, go to the Settings app and tap Application Manager.
- From there, you should now select the Google Play Store.
- Finally, click the Remove Updates button and restart the phone to see if the issue is resolved.
Method 3: Delete phone memory
It is possible that existing cached files on the device are causing this error. You can check this by clearing the cache of your Android phone. Let’s see how:
- Open the Settings application, then go to Storage.
- Here you have the option to clear the cache files, just click on Clear Cache.
You will now see that all cached files have been removed from your Android device.
Method 4: Start your Android phone in safe mode
Often third party applications are the cause of such an error. The first thing you need to do is uninstall the third-party applications. Here are the steps you need to take to solve the Mi Note 5 configuration problem:
- Press and hold the power button when the pop-up window appears Simply press and hold the power button.
- You will be asked if you want to reboot your phone in safe mode.
- Now click on OK
Method 5: Reset all parameters (if possible)
This solution can help you get rid of this problem. Unfortunately, the settings remained after resetting to the default Android settings, which the other solutions did not do. Let’s look at the steps:
- On the Home screen, press and drag up/down to view all applications.
- On the home screen, go to Settings and then Backup & Reset.
- Press Reset Settings to confirm.
- Enter your password/contact or your model, if applicable.
- Finally, click on the Reset Settings button.
Method 6: clear cache partition
If the error message Unfortunately, the settings have stopped bothers you, turn off your Android phone and open it in recovery mode. Now delete the cache partition by following the steps below:
- Turn off the unit and press and hold the combination buttons simultaneously.
- After a while you will see the recovery screen.
- As you will see in the recovery menu, use the volume key to select the Navigation option and Clear Cache Partition.
- Now select them with Power
- After completing the above steps, select the Restart option.
Method 7: Clear cache data parameter
You can also try to fix the error by clearing the cache files in the Settings application. And it will also help keep your phone working properly. Start with the following steps:
- Open the Settings app and select Apps and notifications (options may vary by device).
- In the application list, find and open Settings.
- Select Memory and then Clear Cache.
Message: On other phones, you will find the clear cache option after pressing the force-stop key.
Method 8: RAM net telephone
Clearing the RAM of the device may help to fix the error Unfortunately, the settings have stopped. Try the following steps:
- Go to the RAM manager on your device.
- Clear the phone’s RAM by pressing Clear RAM/etc.
- Now run your application settings without errors.
Method No. 9: Delete phone memory
You can also try to resolve this error by clearing your phone’s cache. This allows your device to store recent cached files and give your applications the proper access. To do this, you need to follow a few simple steps:
- Open the settings
- Find Storage and USB and open it.
- You will find the inner vault, click on it.
- This opens the internal memory and finds the data in the cache.
- Finally, you need to click on this button to clear the existing cache.
Method No. 10: Try to uninstall the last installed applications
Have you recently installed another application or have you noticed this error after installing these applications?
If this is the case, then these applications should get this error message. Therefore, in such a situation, you should uninstall the newly installed application immediately.
You can now check whether the error has been corrected or not. If not, continue with the following solutions.
Method 11: Synchronizing an account from the Gallery application
Most users have given the best feedback about this solution, so you can fix this error by applying the following steps:
- Open the Gallery application and tap the Menu option.
- Select Settings, then select your account.
- At this point, you need to synchronize the application that caused the problem.
- You can also delete the account if you wish.
Method 12: Remove and reinstall Google Play Store updates
There is a good chance that the latest version of the Google Play Store has compatibility issues. Therefore, in such cases, you should remove the updates from the Google Play Store. Now just follow these steps:
- Open the Setup program and go to Setup.
- After that, go to all apps, then find the Google Play Store and just uninstall the updates.
- Now restart the phone and see if you can fix the error.
If even then the error is not corrected:
- Go to the Google Play Store and click on the three horizontal lines.
- Press the Settings button again.
- In this step, you need to scroll down the list and click on Build version.
- You will then see a message, sign in carefully and click OK.
- Finally, the Google Play Store is fully updated.
Method No. 13: Android Operating System Update
You can also try to fix this method. Unfortunately, the settings stopped when the device’s operating system was updated to the latest version. It can help you solve this problem. If this error has occurred as a result of a depreciated error. Start by following the instructions:
- Navigate to your configuration application and then to the system.
- Go back to the System Update option and click on the Check for updates option.
Method 14: Google Play Services Update
A similar error also occurs if your device is not up-to-date. In this case, you need to update the Google Play services. Check these steps:
- Go to the Settings app and tap the Apps & notifications option.
- Now select the information about this application.
- Scroll down the application list and select Google Play Services.
- Click on the Advanced option to expand the drop-down menu.
- Scroll to the Store section and click on App.
After following the above steps, you will be immediately redirected to the Google Play Service page in the Play Store. However, if you see a Refresh button on this page, click it to update the Google Play services.
However, if you find the Disable or Disable option on the page, it means that the Google Play services on your phone have been updated.
Method No. 15: For ROM users
If you are using a custom ROM like SlimROM, CyanogenMod, etc. and you encounter the above error, you should know that the problem is due to a compatibility issue or the ROM is not installed correctly. Therefore, it is best to customize your operating system with a compatible Google application package.
In the last part of this article, I hope that among all the proposed methods, there is a solution that will definitely help you solve this problem. So I tried my best to give you all possible solutions to solve the problem Unfortunately, the installation stopped after Android factory reset.
If you ever find yourself in a similar situation in the future, go through this blog and try these methods one by one.
You can connect with us through our social pages like Facebook and Twitter.
(*The free version allows you to view only the repair files).
Sophia Louie is a professional blogger and SEO expert. He enjoys writing blogs and articles about Android and iOS phones. She is the founder of Android-iOS data recovery and is always looking forward to troubleshooting Android and iOS devices.
frequently asked questions
How to repair unlucky android settings ?
fix-android setup com-android…
How can I restore paused settings?
Method 1: Restart your Android phone. In most cases, a simple reboot will solve the problem for you. You can turn the phone off and back on, or just press the Reset option and wait for the phone to reboot.
How can I make the installation wizard stop after a reset?
Questions ‘ Fault cycle ‘ …
settings has stopped mi note 5,settings keeps stopping j7,settings has stopped redmi 5a,android setup has stopped fix,unfortunately com.android.settings has stopped after factory reset,unfortunately the process com.android.settings has stopped lg g4,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,4:31Redmi phones || unfortunately has stopped problemSBS TECHYouTube – Nov 11, 2018,4:31,Redmi phones || unfortunately has stopped problem,SBS TECHYouTube – Nov 11, 2018,SBS TECH,YouTube – Nov 11, 2018,3:54Setting has Stopped Mi Note 5 Problem,Setting keeps stopping …S.k mobile workYouTube – May 21, 2020,3:54,Setting has Stopped Mi Note 5 Problem,Setting keeps stopping …,S.k mobile workYouTube – May 21, 2020,S.k mobile work,YouTube – May 21, 2020,1:22How to fix unfortunately settings has stopped working in androidTheta BoxYouTube – Apr 15, 2016,1:22,How to fix unfortunately settings has stopped working in android,Theta BoxYouTube – Apr 15, 2016,Theta Box,YouTube – Apr 15, 2016,See more,language and input unfortunately, settings has stopped,unfortunately settings has stopped xiaomi