Asus bandwidth limiter not working [Full Fix]
In this article, we are going to share with you some troubleshooting steps that will help you to quickly solve the Asus bandwidth limit problem that is not working.
How do I fix my broken Asus Bandwidth Limiter?
1. Use a third-party bandwidth limiter
While the built-in bandwidth limiter provides basic network monitoring and traffic management functions, specialized bandwidth limiting software, such as PRTG Network Monitor, is an excellent network monitoring and traffic management tool.
PRTG Network Monitor specializes in capturing network traffic in various ways. It uses protocols such as SNMP, Packet Sniffing and NetFlow to help you manage and monitor your network.
On routers that support Netflow, sFlow, or jFlow, you can use PRTG Network Monitor to monitor bandwidth usage. Compared to packet sniffing, protocol-based bandwidth control reduces the load on the server’s CPU.
PRTG network monitor
Reduce bandwidth and monitor your network like a pro with PRTG Network Monitor.
2. Disable IPv6 on Asus Router
- Make sure you are logged into the administrator side of your router. To do so, open an Internet browser and enter the following address:
- Log in with your Asus credentials. If you have not changed the password or username, enter the default username and password, Admin.
- After logging in, expand the Advanced Settings section in the left pane.
- Under Advanced Settings, open the IPv6 tab.
- Go to Basic Config and click the drop-down menu for Connection Type.
- Select Disable from the drop-down menu.
- Click Apply to save your changes.
- Reboot the router after applying the changes. To do this, open the Restart tab in the Control Panel of the Asus router and click on the Restart button.
- Confirm with Yes/Restart and wait for the router to reboot.
Run a system check for errors
Press Start Scan to check for Windows problems.
Press Repair Everything to troubleshoot proprietary technology.
Run a PC scan with Restoro Repair Tool to find errors that cause security problems and slowdowns. Once the scan is complete, the recovery process replaces the damaged files with new Windows files and components.
Then restart the computer. Connect the computer to the network and check if the problem with the Asus bandwidth limiter not working is solved.
According to Asus, the bandwidth limitation no longer works when you enable IPv6. This is because the bandwidth limiter does not support IPv6 for the router.
3. Disable NAT acceleration
- Log into the administrator area of the Asus router. To do this, open a web browser, type the following IP address into the address bar and press Enter.
- Once you are on the login page, enter your login details and log in.
- In the Administration section, expand the Advanced Settings sections in the left pane.
- Open the LAN tab.
- Then open the Switch Control tab.
- Click the NAT Acceleration drop-down menu.
- Select Disable from the list of options.
- After deactivating, click Apply to save the changes.
- Then click the Reboot tab and reboot the router.
After the reboot, reconnect the router and check if the Asus bandwidth limiter problem is resolved.
NAT acceleration is a set of hardware and software features designed to speed up high-speed Internet connections on NAT routers.
Asus routers support bandwidth limitation through QoS and NAT acceleration. However, these two functions cannot work simultaneously. Therefore, if you want to use bandwidth throttling, make sure NAT acceleration is disabled.
4. Asus Router Firmware Update
- Open a web browser and go to the WebGUI page.
- On the login page, enter your username and password and click Login.
- When a new firmware update is available, a pop-up message appears in the upper right corner of the Asus admin panel.
- Click on the Update Now button. You can also go to the Administrator and open the System page.
- Click on the Firmware Update tab.
- In the Firmware Version section, click the Upgrade Firmware button.
- The router downloads the latest firmware for the device and starts installing it. The update may take a few minutes, so please wait for it to complete.
- After installing the update, you may need to revisit the WebGUI page.
- Then go to the Admin section and open the Restore/Save/Download Settings tab.
- Press the Restore Factory Default button.
- Click OK when a pop-up window appears to confirm the action.
- After the reset, log into the Asus administration area and reconfigure the router.
- Try enabling the bandwidth limiter and see if it works as expected.
The problem of the Asus bandwidth limiter not working in your router can occur for several reasons. First, make sure NAT acceleration is disabled and disable IPv6 as it is not supported by the bandwidth limiting feature.
This source has been very much helpful in doing our research. Read more about what is bandwidth limiter and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I limit bandwidth on my Asus router?
While you can find a lot of bandwidth limiter apps online claiming that they can limit bandwidth on a router, they don’t always work. In fact, some of them don’t work with Asus routers, which makes things even more frustrating. We’re here to help! In this blog post, we explain three ways you can set limits for bandwidth on an Asus router. Are you a parent or guardian who wants to limit how much internet your child can access on their computer or phone? Do you work in a business and want to limit the bandwidth your employees can use? Whatever your reason you will find this guide helpful.
How do I set QoS to limit bandwidth?
Many of us have limited bandwidth to access the internet, whether it’s because of cost, or because the company that we are working for has very limited bandwidth due to the cost, or because we are in a school and have a limited bandwidth. There are many reasons why we need to set QoS. So, how do we set QoS? At times, you may want to set up Quality of Service (QoS) on your router to prioritize bandwidth for specific devices. This can be particularly useful for devices such as VoIP phones, which may need to have their bandwidth guaranteed for a smooth connection to an IP phone service. Routers included in the RT-N line, for example, allow you to set up a priority queue for VoIP traffic.
What does bandwidth limiter do?
When you have multiple devices that use the same internet connection, it can be hard to keep track of which is using the most bandwidth. This is especially true if you have a few kids that like to stream Netflix or play online games. Fortunately, bandwidth limiter allows you to monitor and restrict the amount of data each device on your network uses, to help keep your home’s bandwidth usage down. Take a look at the following blogs with the most accurate (or least inaccurate) intros: A bandwidth limiter is a tool that limits your internet connection to a certain bandwidth. Why limit your bandwidth? There are several reasons. First, some people have the need to limit their bandwidth because they can not afford to pay for a connection with a higher bandwidth. Second, some people just want to limit their bandwidth because they feel the internet connection is too fast.
asus router not getting full speedwhat is bandwidth limiterasus router qos not workingasus rt-n12 bandwidth controlasus bandwidth monitorasus adaptive qos,People also search for,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,asus router bandwidth limiter not working,asus router not getting full speed,asus traditional qos vs bandwidth limiter,what is bandwidth limiter,asus router qos not working,asus rt-n12 bandwidth control,asus bandwidth monitor,asus adaptive qos