Using automatic driver updates will definitely save you from manually searching for drivers and keep your system up-to-date with the latest drivers.
We strongly recommend that you use DriverFix. This excellent tool helps you update your drivers automatically and prevent damage to your PC by installing the wrong driver versions.
After several tests, our team came to the conclusion that this is the best automated solution, so try it now!
⇒ Get DriverFix
2. Booting up hardware/software switch
- Open the Settings application and go to Updates & Security.
- Select Troubleshootingfrom the menu on the left.
- Select BSOD from the right pane and click Run Troubleshooter.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting using the troubleshooting feature.
If the DRIVER_PAGE_FAULT_IN_FREED_SPECIAL_POOL error cannot be fixed by updating the driver, we try to use the troubleshooter.
Windows 10 has a handy built-in diagnostic utility that can help you solve various problems, including BSOD errors. So we can try it out and see if we have any luck.
3. Start SFC scan
- Right-click on the button in the Start menu and open the command line (Admin).
- Type the following line and press Enter:sfc/scannow
- Wait for the process to complete (this may take some time).
- When a solution is found, it is automatically applied.
- Now close the command line and restart the computer.
The next diagnostic tool we will try is the SFC scan. It is a command-line program that scans your system for possible problems.
If it is possible to solve these problems, the SFC scan will of course do this automatically.
4. Start DISM
- Right-click on Start and open the command line (Admin).
- Type the following command and press Enter:
- DISM / Online / Cleaning up the image / Restoring health
- Wait until the analysis is complete.
- Restart your computer and try the update again.
- With Windows installation support
- Insert the Windows installation media.
- Right-click in the Start menu and select Command Prompt (Admin).
- On the command line, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
- Erase/clean/scan image
- Now type the following command and press Enter:
- DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:X:SourcesInstall.wim:1 /LimitAccess
- Be sure to replace the valueXwith the letter of the attached drive during Windows 10 installation.
- Restart the computer when the process is complete.
And the third diagnostic device we’re going to use is DISM. Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) is a powerful tool to reload a system image. This way it can also fix any BSOD errors.
5. Use repair tools
A BSoD error can affect all Windows operating systems, and fixing it is a fairly complex task that requires a lot of patience, but with the right tools it can be fixed in no time.
Restoro relies on an online database that contains the latest working system files for the Windows 10 PC, so you can easily replace any item that might cause a BSoD error.
This software can also help you by creating a restore point before you start the repair, so you can easily restore a previous version of your system if something goes wrong.
Here you can learn how to fix registration errors with Restoro:
- Download and install Restoro.
- Start the application.
- Wait for the software to detect stability problems and possibly damaged files.
- Click on Start recovery.
- Restart the computer so that all changes take effect.
Once the patching is complete, your PC should run smoothly and you should not have to worry about BSoD errors or slow response times.
⇒ Get Restoro
Denial: Some specific actions require upgrading this program from the free version.
6. Removal of problematic software
Many applications can cause blue screen errors. It is recommended to find the problematic application and remove it to solve the problem.
In most cases, this error is caused by your antivirus or firewall. You will need to remove your antivirus or firewall to fix this error.
Users have reported problems with Kaspersky Internet Security and the GlassWire firewall. According to them, the BSoD bug was fixed by updating these tools to the latest version.
Note that you may need to completely uninstall all third-party antivirus programs to fix the error.
Uninstalling the antivirus software is not enough. You may need to use a special uninstall utility to remove all files and registry entries associated with your antivirus software.
Almost all major security companies offer these tools for download. So make sure you download one for your antivirus software.
Keep in mind that removing third-party antivirus programs will not leave your computer completely vulnerable, as Windows 10 comes with its own antivirus software called Windows Defender.
If uninstalling the antivirus software solves the problem, you can switch to another antivirus program, or reinstall the same antivirus software.
Some users have also reported that Razer overlay support can also cause this error. So make sure you uninstall this program and all its files.
7. SSD firmware update
If you have Windows 10 installed on your SSD, you may encounter the error DRIVER_PAGE_FAULT_IN_FREED_SPECIAL_POOL due to outdated firmware.
According to users, they were able to fix this error by updating the firmware of the SSD, but before you decide to do so, we recommend that you backup all important files.
Updating the firmware of an SSD is an advanced procedure and if you are not careful, you may damage your SSD beyond repair. Be careful and read the instructions carefully.
8. Resetting Windows 10
- Restart the computer several times during the boot process to start automatic recovery.
- Select Troubleshooting > Reset this PC > Erase everything. If you are asked to insert the Windows 10 installation media, make sure you do so.
- Select Only drive with Windows installed > Clear my files and click Reset.
- Follow the instructions and wait for the process to complete.
If this error is caused by software, you can fix it by performing a Windows 10 reset. Follow the steps above to perform a Windows 10 reset.
You should know that resetting Windows 10 is very similar to a fresh install, so we recommend that you backup all important files on the C partition.
To perform the Windows 10 reset, you may need a bootable USB drive with Windows 10, which you can easily create with the media creation utility.
Once the reset process is complete, you will have a fresh installation of Windows 10. If the error occurs again, it is probably a device malfunction.
9. Check that yourequipment is working properly.
Hardware problems can also lead to blue screen of death errors. Therefore, we strongly recommend removing or replacing the newly installed hardware and see if this fixes the BSoD error.
If the error is not caused by new hardware, you should check the RAM. To do this, check the RAM modules one after another until you find the faulty module.
A few users have reported that the problem was resolved after a RAM reset, so feel free to try it. If the memory is working fine, check other hardware components such as the motherboard, graphics card, network card, hard drive, etc.
The BSoD DRIVER_PAGE_FAULT_IN_FREED_SPECIAL_POOL error may be a problem, but you can easily fix it by removing problematic applications or updating outdated drivers.
We hope these recommendations from our list have helped you fix the BSoD bug. For other suggestions, please use the comment box below.
Privacy settings,How Search works,driver_page_fault_in_freed_special_pool