RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance.
After you purchase a Windows 10 license, you need to verify the product key to register the operating system. The verification process goes through Microsoft’s activation server. If Windows has problems connecting to the server, the activation fails and the error code: 0x87e10bc6 is displayed.
The full error message is, “Something prevented us from connecting to our activation servers. Please wait a few minutes and try again. Error code: 0x87e10bc6”. If you’re having trouble activating your Windows 10 license, read how to fix the error here.
Restart the computer.
The 0x87E10BC6 error is most likely temporary. First restart your computer to solve the problem. Then try to activate your license. If you don’t have the problem, that’s fine. Otherwise, browse the list until you find a solution that works for you.
Upgrading Windows 10
Users reported that installing the pending updates on their Windows operating system solved the problem and activation was successful. Check for current Windows updates and install them.
- Press Start and select Settings.
- Click Update and Security.
- In the Windows Update Center, click Check for updates.
- Allow Windows to download and install expected updates.
- Reboot the system and try to activate the license again.
Use the troubleshooting tool when activating
Windows 10 has a built-in activation diagnostic utility that can help identify and resolve activation problems. To use it, you must log in as an administrator. After you log in, perform the following steps:
- Go to settings.
- Select Update and Security.
- Find the activation option and click on it.
- Choose Troubleshooting.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- When you have finished troubleshooting, click “Go to Microsoft Store.” This launches the Microsoft Store application. A thank you message will also appear.
Updated January 2021:
We now recommend that you use this tool to fix the error. Moreover, this utility corrects common computer errors, protects you from file loss, malware and hardware errors, and optimizes your PC for maximum performance. With this software, you can solve and prevent computer problems quickly:
- Stap 1: Download de PC Recovery and Optimization Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2: Click on the “Start Scan” button to find Windows registry issues that can cause PC problems.
- Step 3: Click on the “Fix All” button to fix all the problems.
Run the hardware and device diagnostics utility
Error code: 0x87e10bc6 also affects system hardware such as the DVD driver. If you are having problems with your DVD player, you can run Hardware and Device Troubleshooting to resolve them.
- Go to Settings -> Updates and Security.
- Troubleshooting on the Left.
- Scroll down and select Play Video.
- Press the “Run Troubleshooter” button and follow the instructions on the screen.
If a problem occurs with a Windows Store application, click the Troubleshooting tab on the Windows Store application and select Run Troubleshooting.
Check your system firewall
A third-party firewall may be blocking the connection between your computer and the Microsoft server. As a result, error 0x87E10BC6 occurs every time you try to activate Windows 10.
Try disabling the firewall first to avoid the error message. Don’t worry, the Windows Defender firewall is always available for your security.
To disable the Windows Firewall :
- Open the settings.
- Select Update and Security.
- Click on Windows Security and go to Firewall and Network Security.
- Select the currently active network.
- Disable the firewall by clicking the button.
- Then go to the Incoming Connections section and make sure the Block all incoming connections, including those in the Allow list, is unchecked.
- Close the settings window.
Resetting the Windows Update Center with a restore point
The Windows 0x87e10bc6 activation error may occur after you receive a Windows update. In this case, you can try to recover using the system restore point. You can also install the latest update after Microsoft releases a patch for this error code.
- Click on Cortana and type Restore. From the list of items, select Create Restore Point.
- On the new page, on the System Protection tab, click System Restore, then click Next to continue.
- In the System Restore window, select the “Choose another restore point” option and click Next.
- Select the “Show additional recovery points” check box.
- Select the restore point that you created before installing Windows Update Center. Click Next.
- Click “Done.”
- Wait for the restore point to cancel the upgrade and return the system to the state in which it was working properly.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to diagnose Windows errors and optimize system performance.
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Convenience Store
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing computer professional. I have years of experience in computer programming, troubleshooting and hardware repair. I specialize in web development and database design. I also have CCNA certification in network design and troubleshooting.
Frequently asked questions
How do I correct error code 0x87e10bc6?
The error code: 0x87e10bc6 also affects your system hardware, such as the DVD driver. If you are experiencing such problems with your DVD player, run Hardware and Device Troubleshooting to resolve them. Go to Settings -> Update and Security. In the left pane, look for the “Troubleshooting” section.
How can I restore Windows 10 activation to activate Windows?
4 quick fixes for Windows 10 activation error 0xc004f014
How can I fix the error 0xC004F074?
Fix the 0xc004f074 error in Windows 10 in a few steps.
windows 2016 0x87e10bc6,error code 0x803f7008,windows activation error code 0x87e10bcf,code 0x000001f4 pc,0x00000190,something went wrong on our end windows 10,activate windows 2016 offline,powershell activate windows 10,0x87e10bc6 xbox one,windows 10 activation error 0x87e10bcf,something_very_serious windows 10,forza horizon 4 something unexpected happened,change product key server 2019,windows activation servers down,slui 4,slmgr,error code: 0x87e10bc6 windows server 2019,0x87e10bc6 nvidia control panel,license activation (slui.exe) failed with the following error code hr 0x87e10bc6,slmgr error 0x87e10bc6,something happened on our end. here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x87e10bc6,windows dvd player error code 0x87e10bc6,server 2019 activation error 0x87e10bc6