A Word document is the most common Microsoft Office file. It contains text, graphics, and tables. You can change the author of a document in many ways: by editing it with another set of changes or by formatting your name as Author on a title page.
The “how to change author in word 2016” is a question that has been asked many times. This article will show you how to change the author of a Word document.
Only in an existing document, presentation, or worksheet can the author name be changed.
- Click File, then search for Author on the right under Related People.
- Right-click the author’s name and choose EditProperty from the menu.
- In the Edit person dialog box, type a new name.
Also, how can I get rid of the author from a Word document?
In an Office document, how do you remove an author’s name? (Word,PowerPoint, or Excel)
- To begin, open the document. NOTE: To modify the author name in a template, right-click on the template and choose Open from the drop-down menu.
- Go to File > Info.
- Right-click on the author’s name to bring up a menu of options.
- Remove Person is the option.
Also, how can I update the name of the author of an existing comment? 2 Methods for Changing Comment Author Names
- To begin, choose the “Review” option.
- Then, under the “Tracking” section, choose “Track Change.”
- Then choose “Change User Name.”
- The “Word Options” dialog box should now appear. Ensure that the “General” tab is visible. The user name and initials should then be changed.
- Finally, press the “OK” button.
What’s more, how can you locate the author of a Word document?
To view the basic information stored within adocument, open it then go to File > Properties and selectthe Statistics tab. In Word 2007 onwards click the Officebutton then Prepare > Properties > Document Properties> Advanced Properties > Statistics.
In Word 2016, how can I delete all documents and personal information?
Select the “Protect Document” option from the “Tools” menu in 2016. A section on “Privacy” and a tick for “Remove personal information from this file on save” may be found at the very bottom of the dialogue box.
Answers to Related Questions
What is the procedure for removing a template from a Word document?
To delete a template or add-in from Word,you must remove the template or add-in from theTemplates and Add-ins dialog box. In Word 2010, 2013,or 2016, select File > Options > Add-Ins. In Word2007, click the Microsoft Office Button , and then selectWord Options > Add-ins.
In Word, how can you get rid of the edit history?
Remove Editor Comments from Microsoft Word 2010
- Open your document in Microsoft Word2010 and choose the Review tab to delete editor comments.
- The Track Changes symbol is lighted in the image below, showing that the Track Changes function is activated.
- Disable Track Changes by clicking the Track Changes button.
In Word for Mac 2016, how can I change the author?
Option 1: Use the Properties dialog in Word 2016 to change the author’s name. Step 2: To access the backstage view, click the File tab. On the left-hand pane, click the Info tab. Then, on the right side, choose Properties, then AdvancedProperties.
In Word, how can I remove document characteristics and personal information?
Remove Word’s Metadata
- In 2010, go to the File Tab and pick Info, then Check for Issues and Inspect Document. To see the PersonalInformation, go to the right and select Show All Properties.
- Choose the material for which you want Word to look for metadata.
- If Word detects metadata, it will ask you to remove everything.
On a PDF, how can I change the author?
- Open the PDF you wish to work with.
- Select “DocumentProperties” from the top menu under “Documents.”
- If it isn’t already open, click the “Description” tab towards the top of the window.
- In the “Author” text field, highlight and erase the name.
- In the “Author” text box, type the new author’s name and click “OK.”
Is it possible to access a Word document’s modification history?
Selecting to Edit the document in Word is the best approach to see changes. This will open the document in Word 2013 on your local computer. Then go to the Review tab and change the Tracking option to All Markup. The document will then show all of the tracked modifications.
In Word, how can I secure the author’s name?
- Select all of the areas of your document that you wish to be editable, and then Click the OK button.
- go to file -> protect document -> Restrict editing ->in second option”editing restriction” check “allow only this typeof editing in this document” then in bottom Tab select “no changes(read only)”
In Word 2007, how can I change the author?
In Word 2007/2010, how can I change the author’s name?
- Click “Office” button > “WordOptions”
- Now, under the “Personalize your copy of Microsoft Office” section, write the new author name in front of the “User name” area and type “Initials” according to your preference, then click “OK” to make the change permanent.
Is it possible to alter the author of an Excel spreadsheet?
Change the author in the Excel worksheet you’re working on. If required, click the “Edit Anyway” or “Enable Editing” buttons on the yellow bar under the ribbon. Select “File” from the menu bar. The current author of your spreadsheet is shown next toAuthor under Related People on the Backstage Info page.
In Word, what is Block Authors?
You may prevent writers from modifying certain portions of a document while working on it in a workspace. Important: The Block Authors function is only accessible if you save your document in.docx format to a Windows LiveOneDrive or Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 site that supports workspaces.
In Excel 2016, how can I alter the author?
How to alter the default author name in Excel
- Excel should now be open.
- Click on the File menu > Excel Options.
- Go to the section under “General.”
- Personalize your Microsoft Office copy by scrolling down.
- Remove the existing author name from the User name column and replace it with a new one!
In Word 2010, how can I change the author?
To alter the author name in Word 2010, follow these steps:
- Click the File tab, then Options from inside Word.
- On the left hand side of the Wordoptions box, choose the General option.
- Change the User name and Initials boxes in the Personalize your copy of Microsoft Office section.
- Click the OK button.
What Word version do I have?
On the File screen, in the left-hand menu, choose “Help.” You can check the version of Office you’re using on the right side of the File screen. The actual version and build number, as well as whether the software is 32-bit or 64-bit, are shown under About MicrosoftWord (or equivalent Office product).
What is the best way to display authors in track changes?
To highlight modifications made by the other author, click the Show Track Changes bar, then go to the Review tab and click the Accept button to confirm. You’ll see that the adjustments have taken effect right away. The ability to monitor a document’s version is another useful feature for writers.
In PowerPoint 2013, how can I change the author?
In order to change the Author Name of apresentation in PowerPoint 2013, go to File -> Account.Having Account page opened in PowerPoint, look for About melink under User Information section.
In Word, how can I make comments anonymous?
Ensure that all edits and comments remain anonymous
- From the Tools menu, choose Options. The Optionsdialog box appears in Word.
- Ensure that the Security tab is visible.
- Check the option that says “Remove Personal Information From This File On Save.”
- Click the OK button.
In Word for Mac, how can I alter the reviewer’s name?
Go to the Word menu in the Mac’stool bar and choose Preferences to change your username in Microsoft Word2016 for Mac. Click the User Information button in the Preferences box, type your desired name and initials, and then check the box next to the option to always use this name.