These days, if you want to delete a part of a shape in Word that is not on the border of another object, you have two options: Press Ctrl-X (Command X) and then press Delete. If this option doesn’t work for you or there aren’t enough spaces around the object that needs deleting, select Edit > Cut followed by Edit > Paste.
The “how to delete shape in word smartart” is a question that has been asked before. The “smart art” feature in Word allows you to create shapes and text using the tools on the left side of the screen. Shapes can be deleted by clicking on them, but sometimes it’s easier to select part of a shape and then delete it.
- Right-click the rectangle’s edge.
- Select Edit Points from the menu.
- Remove the side you desire by right-clicking it.
- Select Delete Segment from the drop-down menu.
People sometimes wonder whether they can delete part of a shape in PowerPoint.
You sketch shapes—or “objects”—into your picture and then edit or delete them, but you can’t “rub them out” way you can with an eraser.
How can I alter a form in Word, too? Change the shape by clicking on it. Click Edit Text under Drawing Tools, on the Format tab, in the Insert Shapesgroup. Make sure you’ve picked a shape if you don’t see the Drawing Tools or Format tabs. Press and hold SHIFT while clicking the forms you wish to edit to change several shapes.
So, in MS Word, where is the eraser option?
Format Eraser in Microsoft Word – Quick Tip
- Choose the text or picture with the formatting you’d want to remove.
- Click the “Home” tab on yourribbon if it isn’t already chosen.
- There will be a “Clear Formatting” icon in the “Font” section. It’s a “A” with an eraser in front of it. To remove the format, click it.
Is there an eraser tool in Microsoft Word?
Select the text or graphic that has the formatting you wantto erase. Click the “Home” tab on yourribbon if it isn’t already chosen. In the “Font” section, there will be a “Clear Formatting”icon.
Answers to Related Questions
In Word, how do you rub a line?
In the Draw Borders group (Word 2007 and Word 2010) or the Draw group, choose the Eraser tool (Word 2013 and Word 2016). Select the table lines you wish to delete by clicking and dragging them. Press the Esc key or click the Eraser tool one more. The Erasertool is now turned off.
What is the best way to use a pen in PowerPoint?
Tools and features for presenting
- In the bottom-left corner, look for and pick the Pen Tools button.
- Depending on your choice, choose between a pen and a highlighter. The Pen tool may be accessed.
- To mark your slides, click and drag the mouse. You may also access the pen tool by pressing Ctrl+P on your keyboard while presenting your slide presentation.
In PowerPoint, how do you color a portion of a shape?
A shape’s hue may be changed.
- Change the shape in the SmartArt graphic by clicking it.
- Choose the arrow next to Shape Fill under SmartArt Tools, on the Format tab, in the Shape Stylesgroup, and then click the color you desire. Click No Fill if you don’t want to use a color.
What is the procedure for removing anything from PowerPoint?
Remove a text box from the screen.
- Press Erase after clicking the border of the text box you wish to delete.
- Hold CTRL and click the border of each text box in turn, then pressDELETE to erase several check boxes at once.
In PowerPoint, how can I cut a circle off of a picture?
Simply type: to crop a photo into a circle, triangle, or any PowerPoint shape:
- Choose the image you wish to crop to fit the form.
- Go to the Format tab of the Picture Tools.
- Select Cropping Tool from the dropdown menu.
- Crop to Shape is an option.
- Choose the shape to which you wish to crop.
Is it possible to crop in Visio?
Click Crop Tool in the Arrangegroup on the Format tab, under Picture Tools. Only the section of the painting, photograph, or object that you wish to see is displayed by dragging the selection handles. After you’ve finished, click Crop Tool once again to turn it off.
In Word 2007, how do I use the eraser?
Using the Eraser Tool in MS Word 2007 Tables
- As you would at any other time, set up a table.
- Check to see whether the insertion point is in the table.
- The Ribbon’s Design tab should be visible.
- In the Draw Borders group, choose the Eraser tool.
- To choose the table lines you want to delete, click and drag.
- Press the ESC key or click the Eraser tool one more.
How can I use the eraser to remove files?
Permanently deleting files using the Eraser
- To delete a file or folder, right-click it, choose Eraser from the context menu, and then click Erase.
- To confirm that you wish to delete the chosen items, click Yes.
- When the job is completed, a notice shows in the system notification area.
In Word, how do I delete a line?
Press Erase after selecting the line, connection, or form you wish to delete. Tip: To erase several lines or connections, pick the first one, then press and hold Ctrl while selecting the others. Finally, hit Delete.
In Excel, where is the eraser?
Click the arrow next to Borders in the Font group on the Home tab, then pick Erase Border. Then perform one of the following:
- To delete a single border, use the erasertool to click on it.
- Drag the eraser tool over the borders you wish to remove to remove multiple borders.
On Word, how do you combine cells?
Cells that have been split
- To divide several cells, click on a cell or pick multiple cells.
- Under Table Tools, on the Layout tab, in the Merge group, clickCells that have been split.
- Enter the number of columns or rows into which you wish the chosen cells to be divided.
In Word 2007, how can I remove a table?
Remember that removing a table also deletes all of its data.
- 1Click within the table with your mouse. The Table Tools are shown.
- 2If the Layout tab isn’t visible, click it to bring it up.
- 3Choose Delete—Table. This command is located in the Rows& Columns group on the Layout tab.
In Word, how can I adjust the shape of a picture?
You may now adjust the form of the image in your Word document by using the Crop Shape option, as seen below:
- Choose a photo.
- Click the Crop drop down in the Sizegroup on the contextual tab.
- Select Crop To Share, then select a shape to apply to the image.
What are the different types of shapes in Microsoft Word?
Word includes a number of handy shapes (known as AutoShapes) that are ready to use in your projects. Lines, bubbles, curves, and other basic forms may offer a required visual aspect to any page.
In Word, how do you build a three-dimensional shape?
Drawing 3D Objects (Method 1)
- Select Insert > Shape. You’ll find the “Insert”menu at the top of the screen.
- Choose a 3D form. You’ll notice a tiny selection of pre-formatted 3D objects as you navigate through the available forms, including a cube, a cylinder (“can”), and a bevel.
- Create a three-dimensional shape.
- Change the contour of your body.
The “cannot delete shape in powerpoint” is a question that has been asked by many people. The answer to this question is that you can’t delete part of a shape in Word, but you can do it in PowerPoint.