Your hard drive’s serial number is an important piece of information that can help you protect your data. WD Hard Drives have a five-digit numeric serial, and the first four numbers are known as the “Series”. The last number indicates which model in that series it is. You will need to know all six digits (serial and model) to access this information on a computer or smartphone.
The “wd serial number registration” is a tool that allows users to find their WD serial number. This can be useful for finding the serial number of your hard drive or flash drives.
Look on the side and bottom of the device for a sticker with a barcode. This sticker has a number labeled either “MDL” or “P/N.” This is your drive’s model number. There should also be another copy of this sticker on the box the drive was sold in.
Similarly, it is asked, how do I find my external hard drive serial number?
Find Hard Disk Serial Number in Windows 10
- Open an elevated command prompt.
- Type or copy-paste the following command: wmic diskdrive get Name, Manufacturer, Model, InterfaceType, MediaType, SerialNumber .
- In the output, you’ll see the model, name, and serial number listed for the installed hard drives.
Also, how do I find my hard drive model number? In order to find the model number, simply right-click on Computer and go to Properties. Next click on the Device Manager link on the left. You can also just open Control Panel and click on Device Manager from there. Now expand Disk drives and you should see the model number of your hard drive, like shown below.
One may also ask, how can I check my WD warranty online?
Before you tread on to claiming your warranty, first check if it still has one. To do so you can go to this link, enter your product details, hit the submit button and check your product’s warranty status. If your product is still under warranty, it will display “In Limited Warranty” under Status.
How long is WD HDD warranty?
This product gets 3 years warranty from WD. In case you get less than that, then email WD Support with the invoice copy and you will surely get the warranty period updated.
Related Question Answers
How do I find my hard drive firmware?
- Open Device Manager.
- Expand Disk Drives.
- Right-click on the hard drive in question and select Properties.
- Click the Details Tab.
- From the drop-down list, select Hardware IDs. The firmware version is the last four characters of the Hardware ID value.
How do I change my hard drive serial number?
Select your current drive’s letter from the “Drives” category and replace the serial number with the one you’ve written down. Click “Change” and then “Yes” on the prompt that pops up. Reboot your computer. Your new drive’s serial number now matches the original’s.
How do I find my USB serial number?
Right-click on the USB device and select “Properties.” This allows you to view the detailed information of the USB device. Select the “Details” tab and in the Property drop-down menu, select “Serial Number.” Click “OK” to close the window.
Where can I find the serial number of my laptop?
Android tablet Settings feature
- Option one: Open Settings > About Tablet > Status > Serial Number.
- Option two: For most products, the serial number can be viewed at the bottom of the device back cover.
Where is the serial number on a Seagate hard drive?
If your drive is connected to your computer: Seagate has created a very simple tool that will tell you the serial number and the model number of any and all Seagate, Samsung and Maxtor-brand drives connected in or to your computer. Use the DriveDetect.exe method to find both numbers.
How do I find the manufacture date of my hard drive?
How can I find when a hard drive was manufactured?
- It’s usually printed on the housing of the hard drive itself.
- Find out what the serial number of the drive inside the enclosure is and then go to the manufacturer’s website to check warranty status.
- @JakeGould: Do you know which manufacturer warranty check sites show the manufacture date?
How do I find my Seagate model number?
Seagate USB devices have the serial number printed on the external case. Use Microsoft Windows Device Manager to see the model numbers of your disk drive.
- Choose Start | Run | type: devmgmt.msc.
- Click OK.
- Expand the Disk Drive branch to see the model numbers:
How do I read the date code on my Seagate hard drive?
Seagate hard drives display a code instead of the manufacturing date. In short, it’s a 4 or 5 digit number of the form YYWWD or YYWD , where:
- YY is the year, 00 is year 1999.
- W or WW is the week number beginning 1.
- D is day of week beginning 1.
- Week 1 begins on the first saturday of July in the stated year.
How do I check my Seagate warranty?
To check warranty of Seagate hard drive online
Just visit Seagate hard drive warranty validation page. 2. Enter serial number, Model number located on Hard drive and select your country click submit to know the warranty period left for hard drive.
Which hard disk is best?
- Adata SD700 External SSD.
- WD My Book Duo 4TB external hard drive.
- Buffalo MiniStation Thunderbolt external hard drive.
- Seagate Backup Plus Desktop Drive 5TB.
- Western Digital My Passport Wireless Pro external hard drive.
- LaCie Porsche Design Mobile Drive 4TB.
- iStorage diskAshur 2TB external hard drive.
How do I find out my hard drive size?
Open your “Settings” menu. Tap the “General” tab. Look for the “Storage and iCloud Usage” tab. For Android, find the “Storage” tab and select it.
How do you check if my hard drive is SSD?
Simply press the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut to open the Run box, type dfrgui and press Enter. When the Disk Defragmenter window is shown, look for the Media type column and you can find out which drive is solid state drive (SSD), and which one is hard disk drive (HDD).