If your HTC phone won’t turn on, these steps may help you fix the problem. If not, we’ve provided a few resources that can assist in troubleshooting any smartphone issue.
If your HTC phone is on a black screen and won’t turn on, you may need to replace the battery.
With the power off, press down and holdthe volume up and down button with the power buttonfor approximately 2 minutes. After 2 minutes, release all ofthe buttons. After the release the charginglogic should be reset. Then charge your phone to 100%using your wall charger.
Also question is, how do you fix a phone that wont turn on?
Force Reboot On iPhones This may cause the screen to go completely black andthe phone to be unresponsive. To perform a reboot simplyhold down the power and home button at the same time for as long as10-15 seconds. Wait a minute or so and then try turning backon by pressing the power button.
Also, what do you do when your HTC phone freezes? Press and hold the Power+Volume Down buttons forapproximately 12 seconds or until the device power cycles.If the device doesn’t power on and is unresponsive, attemptthe following: Plug the device into theprovided HTC wall charger and wait 1-2 minutes. TheLED indicator should glow solid amber/red.
Also to know is, how do you reset an HTC phone battery?
Battery and Charger Reset Procedure for HTC One (M7 andM8)
- Turn off Fast Boot in settings.
- Plug phone into HTC charger and charge for two minutes ormore.
- While charging, hold down volume up+volume down+power buttonand continue holding.
- Phone will turn on and off repeatedly every 15 seconds or sowhile continuing to hold all three buttons.
How do you revive a dead phone?
How to Revive a Dead Android Phone
- Plug in the Charger. If there is a charger near you, grab it,plug it in and hit the power button again.
- Send a Text to Wake it up.
- Pull the Battery.
- Use Recovery Mode to Wipe the Phone.
- Time to Contact the Manufacturer.
Related Question Answers
How do I fix my dead phone?
How to fix a frozen or dead Android Phone?
- Plug your Android phone into a charger.
- Switch off your phone using the standard way.
- Force your phone to restart.
- Remove the battery.
- Perform a factory reset if your phone cannot boot.
- Flash your Android Phone.
- Seek help from professional phone engineer.
Why phone suddenly shut down?
Even due to old version of software running on thedevice can lead to abrupt or automatic shutdown. Whenseveral apps are installed simultaneously then the phonestarts to show errors like turning off itself. Sometimes because ofbattery temperature is hot, the phone switched offautomatically to cool down the device.
Why will my phone not charge?
Often the issue is the small metalconnector in the USB port, which may be slightly bent ina way that means it doesn’t make proper contact withthe charging cable. To fix this, switch your phoneoff, and remove the battery if you can. Then, putyour battery back in, power on your device, and try chargingagain.
How do I fix a black screen on my Android phone?
- Reboot into recovery mode to fix black screen issues.
- Press and hold the volume down and power button until theAndroid System Recovery screen appears.
- Select Wipe cache partition and allow to complete.
- Factory reset to fix black screen issues.
How can I reboot my phone?
If you would like to use the Power button toreboot your Android device, all you must do is pressand hold down the Power button for a few seconds. A menu willappear asking what action you would like to take. Tap on the optionthat says Reboot/Restart and your phone willreboot instead of turning off.
How do I force my iPhone to turn on?
Reset your phone if the device does not respond to apower-off procedure. Hold down the “On/Off” buttonand the home button on your iPhone at the same time.Continue to hold down both buttons until the Apple logo appears onyour phone and it reboots.
Why did my iPhone died and wont turn on?
Software Crash. I saw this problem a lot atApple. To hard reset your iPhone on an iPhone 6S orolder, press and hold down the Sleep / Wake button (the powerbutton) and the Home button at the same time, for at least 20seconds or until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
How do I hard reset my HTC phone?
Performing a factory reset using hardware buttons
- Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button , and then press and holdPOWER.
- Wait for the screen with three images of Android to appear, andthen release the POWER and VOLUME buttons.
- Press VOLUME DOWN to select reset to factory settings, and thenpress POWER.
How do I do a soft reset on my HTC phone?
If the device doesn’t power on, press and hold the Power,Volume Up and Volume Down buttons for a full 1-2 minutes. Soft Reset – HTC One®
- Press and hold the Power button (located on the top-right edgeof device).
- Tap Power off.
- To restart, press and hold the Power button.
How do you restart a HTC phone?
Performing a factory reset using hardware buttons
- Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then press and holdthe POWER button.
- Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear,and then release the POWER and VOLUME DOWN buttons.
- Press VOLUME DOWN to select FACTORY RESET, and then press thePOWER button.
How do I reset my phone battery?
- Discharge your phone fully until it turns itself off.
- Turn it on again and let it turn itself off.
- Plug your phone into a charger and, without turning it on, letit charge until the on-screen or LED indicator says 100percent.
- Unplug your charger.
- Turn your phone on.
- Unplug your phone and restart it.
Why does my HTC phone lose battery so fast?
Now, the most common cause of draining the HTCOne M8 battery life can be related to theoveruse of your device. A persistent usage of a non-branded chargermight drain your battery entirely or overheat it, leaving noother option than to get an HTC One batteryreplacement.
How do I check battery life on HTC?
HTC 10™ – View Battery Status
- From a Home screen, navigate: Apps icon > Settings >Power (Device section).
- Review the current battery status. Percentage indicates theremaining battery life, charging status.
- Tap Battery usage.
- Tap History.
- View the history of battery usage.
What do you do when your HTC phone wont charge?
If the phone doesn’t appear to be chargingand will not power on, connect the phone tothe charger, and then hold down the VOLUME UP, VOLUMEDOWN, and POWER buttons for up to 2 minutes. This will force thephone to reboot and resume chargingnormally.
How do I force restart my HTC 10?
If HTC 10 does not respond when you touch thescreen or press the buttons, you can still restart it. Pressand hold the POWER and VOLUME DOWN until your phonevibrates, and then release the buttons. Tip: You may need to pressand hold the buttons for 12 to 15 seconds before the phonevibrates.
Where is the power button on a HTC phone?
The power button on the HTC M9 is locatedon the right side below the volume buttons.
Why is my HTC desire not charging?
If the battery is completely drained, it may take up to2 minutes for the phone to appear to be charging. If thephone doesn’t appear to be charging and will notpower on, connect the phone to the charger, and then hold down theVOLUME UP, VOLUME DOWN, and POWER buttons for up to 2minutes.