Got a pivot table? Tired of trying to find that list of fields and their respective values in the “Add-in Fields” tab above your data source? Here’s how you can get it back.
If you have a pivot table and you click on the “View” tab, you should see the field list. The field list is where you can switch between fields in your pivot table. If it’s not showing, then there are some things that need to be checked.
The quickest way to get it back is toRight-click a cell inside the pivot table and select “ShowField List” from the menu. The field list iscontextual and will only appear when a cell is selected insidethe pivot table.
Besides, how do I show all fields in a pivot table?
Make the following change for each field in which you wantto see all the data:
- Right-click an item in the pivot table field, and click FieldSettings.
- In the Field Settings dialog box, click the Layout & Printtab.
- Check the ‘Show items with no data’ check box.
- Click OK.
Subsequently, question is, how do I see all details in a pivot table? Right click at any cell in the pivot table, andselect PivotTable Options from the context menu. Seescreenshot: 2. In the popped out dialog, click Data tab and thencheck Enable show details option.
Additionally, how do I unhide columns in a pivot table?
To unhide a column, you need to selectcolumns on both sides of the hidden column. Thenchoose Unhide columns from the Format menu. You can alsohide and unhide columns using the right-click menu. Selectone or more columns, right-click in the selection, andchoose Hide from the menu.
How do I keep formatting in a pivot table?
Setting to Preserve Cell Formatting
- Right-click a cell in the pivot table, and click PivotTableOptions.
- On the Layout & Format tab, in the Format options, removethe check mark from Autofit Column Widths On Update.
- Add a check mark to Preserve Cell Formatting on Update.
- Click OK.
Related Question Answers
Can pivot table show text as a value?
Traditionally, you can not move a textfield in to the values area of a pivot table.Typically, you can not put those words in the valuesarea of a pivot table. However, if you use the Data Model,you can write a new calculated field in the DAX languagethat will show text as the result.
How do I drag columns in a pivot table?
In the PivotTable, right-click the row orcolumn label or the item in a label, point to Move,and then use one of the commands on the Move menu tomove the item to another location. Select the row orcolumn label item that you want to move, and thenpoint to the bottom border of the cell.
How do I change the layout of a pivot table?
To change the layout:
- Select a cell in the pivot table.
- On the Ribbon, under the PivotTable Tools tab, click the Designtab.
- At the left, in the Layout group, click the Report Layoutcommand.
- Click the layout that you want to uses, e.g. Show in OutlineForm.
How do I change the field settings in a pivot table?
Select a field in the Values area for which youwant to change the summary function in the pivottable, and right click to choose Value Field Settings,see screenshot: 2. Then in the Value Field Settings dialogbox, select one type of calculate which you want to use under theSummarize Value By tab, see screenshot: 3.
How do I manually sort columns in a pivot table?
Click the arrow on Row Labels or Column Labels,and then click the sort option you want. If you click theColumn Labels arrow, choose the field you want tosort first, and then the sort option you want. Tosort data in ascending or descending order, clickSort Ascending or Sort Descending.
What is the first step for creating a pivot table?
Here are the steps to create a pivot table using the datashown above:
- Click anywhere in the dataset.
- Go to Insert –> Tables –> Pivot Table.
- In the Create Pivot Table dialog box, the default options workfine in most of the cases. Here are a couple of things to check init:
- Click OK.
How do I group rows in a pivot table?
To group the numbers
- Right-click on one of the unit numbers in the pivot table.
- In the popup menu, click Group.
- In the Grouping dialog box, enter 1 in the Starting Atbox.
- In this example, the highest number of units is 50, and you cantype a higher number, if necessary.
- Click OK, to apply the grouping.
How do I automatically unhide columns in Excel?
Select the columns to the left and right of thecolumn you want to unhide. For example, to showhidden column B, select columns A and C. Go to theHome tab > Cells group, and click Format > Hide& Unhide > Unhide columns.
Where would you click to hide elements of a pivot table?
To hide an entire table,right-click the tab that contains the table andchoose Hide from Client Tools. To hide individualcolumns, open the table for which you are hiding acolumn, right-click the column, and click Hide fromClient Tools.
How do I automatically hide columns in Excel?
Select the data range. In this case, that’s A1:F14. Click theData tab. In Excel 2003, choose Group and Outline from theData menu and skip to step 4. To temporarily hide a row or column of data, use this feature asfollows:
- Select the row or column you want to hide.
- Click the Data tab.
How do I hide columns in a pivot table?
To hide the PivotTable Field List justneeds one step. Right click at any cell of the pivot table,and select Hide Field List option from the context menu. Ifyou want to show the Field List again, right click at thepivot table, and select Show Field List.
How do you hide multiple columns in Excel?
- Select one or more columns, and then press Ctrl to selectadditional columns that aren’t adjacent.
- Right-click the selected columns, and then select Hide.
How do you hide a column with a plus sign in Excel?
Select the entire rows or columns you need tohide or unhide with plus or minus sign, thenclick Group in the Outline group under Data tab. See screenshot: 2.Then the minus sign is displayed on the left of selectedrows, or displayed at the top of the selectedcolumns.
How do I unhide a filter in Excel?
Press Ctrl-G to display the Go To window, type in theaddress of a cell in the row or column that you wish tounhide, and then click OK, as shown in Figure 2. Carry outthe corresponding menu command or keyboard shortcut tounhide the row or column.
Where is Powerpivot Excel 2016?
Alternatively, if using Excel 2016, then clickthe “Advanced” category at the left side of the“Excel Options” window. At the bottom, rightside of this window, under the “Data” section, checkthe “Enable Data Analysis add-ins: Power Pivot, PowerView, and Power Map” checkbox.
What is Powerpivot in Excel?
Power Pivot is an Excel add-in you can useto perform powerful data analysis and create sophisticated datamodels. In both Excel and in Power Pivot, you cancreate a Data Model, a collection of tables withrelationships.
How do you exit a pivot table?
Below are the steps to delete the Pivot table as well asany summary data:
- Select any cell in the Pivot Table.
- Click on the ‘Analyze’ tab in the ribbon.
- In the Actions group, click on the ‘Select’ option.
- Click on Entire Pivot table.
- Hit the Delete key.