Hi reader, in this article I will show you how to change the administrator name in Windows 10. There are many articles and videos on this topic that you can find on the internet, but here you will find your exact solutions and other useful tips and tricks that you will never see. These methods are simple and complex. I hope you find this article useful.
Simple ways to change the administrator name in Windows 10
You can easily customize your account name, PC name, username, password and profile name on your Windows 10 computer/laptop. If you are using a Windows 10 computer with a different user account name and want to change the user name to your own administrator name, you can follow our tutorial to change the name.
Changing the name of the administrator in Windows 10
On Windows 10 devices, the account or administrator name is similar to the name displayed, which may include your name, nickname, or full name. The name of the administrator or account is displayed on the login screen and in the Start menu, etc. The name of the administrator or account is displayed on the login screen and in the Start menu. To change the name of the administrator : 1 :
- First open Run and type in the netplwiz field, then click Enter. This opens a list of local users on your Windows 10 computer,
- You must select the user you want to use and then click Properties,
- Then open the properties of the user account,
- In the next window you can change the full name field. And this name is the name of your administrator, so enter the name you want to see as administrator in Windows 10 PC.
- You may need to log out and login to your Windows 10 PC account to see the changes.
Changing the account name using the control panel
The alternative option to change the administrator name in Windows 10 : If you are using a local account that is not associated with a Microsoft account, you must use the Control Panel to change the administrator name. Follow the process for changing usernames in user accounts. Follow the steps below to change the administrator name using the control panel:
- The first step is to open the control panel.
- Then click on the User accounts section and then click Change Account Type.
- You must select a local account to update the name.
- Click on the option Change account name.
- And change the name of the administrator you want to appear on the login screen or start screen.
- Click the Rename button to change the name of your account.
- Once you have completed this step, you will need to log out and login to your account to see your new name on the screen.
Take a look at this: How to cross out text in Google Docs
Change the administrator name on your Windows 10 PC using the local Group Policy Editor.
You can change the administrator name using the local Group Policy Editor. Follow these steps to do so.
- The first step is to gain access to the local group editor.
- Then open Computer Configuration / Windows Settings / Security Settings / Local Policies / Security Options / Accounts: Rename accounts or guest accounts : Rename the administrator account.
- The last step is to enter a new name and press the OK key or the Enter key.
Changing the name of the administrator in Windows 10 with IT management
- Pressing the Win + X keys is the first step to open the computer administration under Windows 10 PC.
- Next, in the left pane of the IT Management window, expand Local Users and Groups and select the Users folder. This allows you to view all user accounts, including the user account listed in the Windows 10 list in the middle pane.
- The third step is to right-click on the administrator’s account and rename it via the context menu.
- The last step is to mark and change the name of the administrator account. Just enter a new name and press the Enter key.
Pay attention: If you can’t change the name of an account in Windows 10, create a new account with the name you want, then delete the old one. Note, however, that if you delete an old account from your computer, the personal settings of that old account will also be deleted.
The easiest way to change the administrator name in Windows 10 is through the control panel. We hope this article will help you to change the account name on your Windows 10 computer. If you have any questions about this, please respond below. We’ll get back to you as soon as we can. Thank you for reading it.
The message How to change the name of an administrator in Windows 10 first appeared in .
change user name windows 7,user accounts windows 10 command line,how to change computer name windows 10,how to change account picture in windows 10,how to change administrator name on hp laptop,how to change administrator in windows 10,rename administrator name,net user command to rename account,change user name windows 8,how to change name on acer laptop,what is my administrator username windows 7,change administrator username group policy,how to change main account on windows 10,microsoft account name,user account settings windows 10,how to change user account control,win 10 show control panel,how to find user account control password,how to disable user account in windows 10,administrator user name windows 10,how to change admin name on hp,change user name windows 10 enterprise,how to change administrator id in windows 10,how to change administrator name in windows 8,how to remove administrator on windows 10,how to change c /users/username in windows 10,rename administrator account windows 10,how to change user folder name windows 10,how to change administrator email on windows 10,how to change username in c drive windows 10,how to change c drive user name