Knowing how to clone or expand your screen with multiple monitors in Windows 10 can be very useful in a number of situations such as gaming, encoding, writing, streaming movies, etc.
If you want to know how to manage multiple monitors in Windows 10 on a connected PC or laptop, the following information will help you.
How can I clone my desktop to multiple monitors?
1. Using the Windows keyboard combination 10
- Connect the monitors to the computer using the DVI, HDMI or VGA connectors available on the monitors.
- It is recommended to close all other programs for faster and smoother operation.
- Press and hold the Windows + P button to open the project dialog box.
- Select one of the options :
- Only the second screen: This option is mainly used by laptop users who want to use a larger and more powerful display than their laptop.
- Magnify: It expands your desktop so you can connect additional monitors. Basically, it allows the user to have more properties on the screen to work with. It is very useful for gamers who want to show more game graphics, programmers who need multiple screens to work more efficiently, writers who need to research projects while writing, and much more. The possibilities offered by this function are endless.
- Duplicate: It clones the image from the main monitor to display the same image on additional screens. This function can be used for presentations, watching movies or giving lessons.
- PC screen only: This function allows you to view the information only on the main screen or on the standard screen. All other additional displays have a black screen, connected or not.
2. Modification of parameters
- Press the Windows key and select Settings .
- Go to System and then to Display.
- If you cannot find another monitor, press the detection button.
Once your computer has detected other monitors, you have several configuration options.
If your monitors have different sizes and models, you can select one of them and choose the appropriate zoom level. This may also be necessary if your monitors have different DPI levels. Orientation, which allows the user to rotate the screen, is another function.
As with the keyboard shortcut function, you can choose how you want to use the additional monitors. In other words: You can select options such as Expand, Duplicate, Use Single Screen, etc.
Run a scan of the PC with the Restoro Repair Tool to find errors that cause security problems and delays. Once the scan is complete, the damaged files will be replaced with new Windows files and components.
Disclaimer : You’ll have to switch to a paid plan to help.
This allows you to customize the appearance of the desktop on additional monitors.
In addition, some monitors are not automatically detected by your PC and need to be identified manually.
3. Use of third party programme
In Windows 10, you can always use another program to clone your screen or extend it with multiple monitors.
Software that helps you manage multiple monitors usually has many features.
For example, a popular software program called DisplayFusion makes it very easy to configure monitors. This application is equipped with such functions:
What is the difference between duplicate and extend display?When you duplicate the display you will have the same image on both monitors. When you extend your display, you will add the space of the second monitor to your current display.Why is my second monitor not detected?If your OS doesn't detect the other monitor, open Display Settings and click on the Detect button. If that doesn't work, we have a perfect guide to fix that.,When you duplicate the display you will have the same image on both monitors. When you extend your display, you will add the space of the second monitor to your current display.,If your OS doesn't detect the other monitor, open Display Settings and click on the Detect button. If that doesn't work, we have a perfect guide to fix that.,windows 10 not detecting second monitor,how to setup dual monitors with hdmi,dual monitor setup windows 7,extend screen windows 10 shortcut,how to connect two monitors to a laptop,dual monitor setup gaming,duplicate screen windows 10 shortcut,3 displays 2 extended and 1 duplicate,windows 10 duplicate screen not working,how to duplicate screen to tv,how to stop dual monitors from mirroring,duplicate screen chromebook,duplicate these displays meaning,how to use extend these displays,duplicate screen windows shortcut,duplicate display chromebook,project pc screen only,how to duplicate screen on mac,cara duplicate screen windows 10,hp laptop dual monitor setup,hp dual monitor bundle,how to connect external monitor to hp laptop,two monitors one computer different display,how to setup 3 monitors on a laptop,change primary monitor windows 10,extend screen shortcut,how to split screen on two monitors mac,dual monitor split screen games,windows 7 side-by-side,how to extend laptop screen to two monitors,how to split screen on two monitors shortcut,duplicate one monitor and extend another windows 10,how to extend screen on windows 10,duplicate display windows 10,how to set duplicate display on windows 10 as default,how to use dual monitors windows 10,duplicate desktop on 3 monitors windows 10