Completely remove IDM from Windows 10
- Speed up file downloads.
- To make the charging process stable.
- Prevent corruption in the file.
- And some more.
The IDM itself has long since ceased to exist and the number of users is uncountable at this stage.
to completely remove IDM from Windows 10 Best in 2021
The operation of the IDM is also very simple. From installation to removal.
More information can be found here:
That said, I would like to discuss how to properly remove the IDM until it is clean. Because apparently there are still a lot of people who don’t know that.
Let’s talk about: how to completely remove IDM from Windows 10.
Uninstalling the Internet Download Manager (IDM) under Windows
Briefly, how to remove IDM from your computer, the steps are as follows:
- Open the control panel.
- Call up the Program and Functions menu.
- Find IDM > right click > and then uninstall.
- Select the Standard or Full option.
- Wait for the uninstallation process to complete.
For a more complete guide, continue reading the following discussion on how to completely remove IDM from Windows 10.
- For the first step, open the control panel. In the search column, type Control Panel. You can also press Windows + R, then type Control Panel and press OK.
- If you are already on the Control Panel page, click the Uninstall a program button.
- So here we are on the Program and Features page. Here you will find the Internet Download Manager application. When you find it, right-click the application and then click Uninstall.Internet Download Manager (IDM)
- The deletion window appears. There are two options in this regard, Full and Standard. I’ll take the full option.
What is the difference between the standard option and the full option? Try checking the table below:
|Deletes all IDM data in Windows.||Delete only the IDM application, but not the data.|
- Wait a few minutes for the uninstallation to complete. It’s usually quick, really. Less than a minute.
- If this is the case, a message is displayed. Click OK and the computer will restart.
Now, after a reboot, the IDM has been removed from your computer.
Yes! It’s that simple. Very easy, huh?
But wait, it’s not here yet, you know. To be completely clean, we also need to clear the registry.
To delete the registry of IDM
After the IDM is deleted, the mail data is still stored in the system. We also need to remove this data from the registry. The method is as follows:
First, press the Windows + R key on your keyboard. Type Regedit and then click OK. If a message appears, just press OK again.
Then specify the location of these two folders on the edit page:
- CURRENT_USER> SOFTWARE> Internet Download Manager.
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE> SOFTWARE> Internet Download Manager.
Delete the Internet Download Manager folder to delete the record. If so, restart the computer.
An example can be checked in the following figure:
This is just the first step. The second step in cleaning the IDM registry is to use CCleaner. The method is as follows:
- First install CCleaner. It’s really free.
- If so, proceed to open the application. Then select the registry menu.
- In the register menu, click Scan and wait a few minutes for the process to complete.
- If so, click the Correct Selected Problems button to remove all existing records.
CCleaner is designed to remove other data from the IDM registry that is still present. The goal is to delete the registry manually as much as possible, like Regedit used to do.
Cleaner guaranteed, anyway.
Other options if you want a simpler solution
All the operations described above are manual.
Well, if you want to keep things simple, you can. You can make use of additional requests. For example:
- Revo Uninstaller.
- IObit Uninstaller.
- Sensible removal program.
And other similar applications.
These applications have the ability to simultaneously remove programs installed on the system and clear the registry.
You can try it if you want. The method is actually quite simple. More or less like this one:
- Install the uninstaller. Could be anything, if necessary.
- Open the application.
- Call up the uninstallation menu.
- Find the IDM application and select Uninstall.
- Wait until the process is complete.
If so, reboot the system as usual.
# 2. Remove IDM for cleaning
In general, there are two ways to remove the IDM that you can perform. Three ways to install the IDM are described here.
The first way to remove IDM is through the control panel.
This method is quite simple, as it takes only a few steps to remove this application at the root on your PC device.
- The first step is to open the control panel via a Windows search.
- To uninstall a program, select the Uninstall a program option.
- For the Internet Download Manager software, see the Programs and Features page.
- Right-click on the Internet Download Manager section and select Remove/Edit. “
- The next step is to instruct IDM to remove the l program.
- Later you can choose Standard or Full to uninstall the program.
It is recommended to select Complete to delete all data stored in the browser system.
- After selecting Next, wait for the IDM uninstallation process to complete.
- Once the IDM program has been successfully removed, you will be prompted to restart the computer you are using.
- Click OK and wait for the computer to reboot successfully.
When all processes are complete, the IDM is completely removed from your computer device.
Removing the IDM registry on the computer or laptop you are using is another very important step.
Here are some steps to remove the IDM registry in Windows.
- First, open the Windows Run menu by pressing the Windows + R keys on your keyboard.
- After the Windows runtime window appears, you can write regedit.exe in the available column.
- Then click OK at the bottom of the window and if a UAC window appears, click Yes to open the Registry Editor page.
- After successfully opening the Registry Editor page, enter the HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folders, and then select the SOFTWARE folder.
- Find the DownloadManager folder, right-click and select Delete.
- After a successful installation, all files and IDM data on your computer device will be erased until erased.
More information can be found here:
So, friends, here are the steps you need to follow to completely uninstall IDM from Windows 10 or uninstall IDM app from your computer or laptop. For those who want to reinstall it, just install it as usual. I can still do it, I really can.
I’ve tested the instructions here myself and they apply to all versions of Windows (I’m using Windows 10 here myself).
If you have any problems – for example, a particular error message – please contact us using the comments column below. I’ll help you later.
Don’t forget to bookmark and always go to .com every day, because there you’ll find the latest information on technology, such as tips and tricks for blogs, digital marketing windows and ETC (root social media games). Good luck!
internet download manager, how to uninstall idm after 30 days, how to remove internet download manager fake serial message, how to remove idm from chrome, what happens if i uninstall internet download manager, idm download, unexpected error while uninstalling idm, internet download manager windows 10 store