Right-clicking opens a context menu associated with an icon or button. Some users experience problems with Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome when they cannot use the right-click option. If right-click doesn’t work in Firefox or Chrome, this article will help you solve the problem.
Before performing any of the recommended troubleshooting actions below, restart the computer. This will update the operating system and remove any temporary corrupted data that may be causing the problem.
Several factors can cause this particular problem, ranging from a bug in the Firefox software to a faulty installation. Here are some steps you can take to resolve this issue.
Start Firefox in safe mode
Your browser may have plug-ins, add-ons or extensions that are causing this problem. To check if this is the cause, run your browser in safe mode.
- Open Firefox, type “about: support” in the navigation bar and press Enter.
- Under “Troubleshooting Information”, click “Restart with add-ons disabled” (under “Try safe mode”). When the confirmation window prompts you to do so, click “Restart” again.
- In the following Firefox Safe Mode window, click the Start in Safe Mode button to permanently reboot.
- Wait for your browser to restart in safe mode and then check if the problem persists. If you can right-click in safe mode, return to normal mode, type “about: addons” in the navigation bar and press Enter.
- In the Extensions menu, systematically deactivate the installed extensions until you find the culprit. Once you know which of the installed extensions is causing the problem, remove it and restart the browser.
Updated January 2021:
We now recommend that you use this tool to fix the error. Moreover, this utility corrects common computer errors, protects you from file loss, malware and hardware errors, and optimizes your PC for maximum performance. With this software, you can solve and prevent computer problems quickly:
- Stap 1: Download de PC Recovery and Optimization Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2: Click on the “Start Scan” button to find Windows registry issues that can cause PC problems.
- Step 3: Click on the “Fix All” button to fix all the problems.
Close the web page that blocks right-clicking.
Many site administrators disable right-clicking on their sites. However, the script they use sometimes disables right-clicking on all browser pages. In this situation, you may want to close Red’s website (or a related website).
If you do not know which page is blocked by a right click, close the browser and restart it. Start by opening the sites one by one.
Remove malware and viruses from your system
Browsers are a prime target for malware and viruses. In order to limit the control over web pages, malware and viruses block the right mouse button in browsers. In this case, it is advisable to use reliable antivirus software to remove viruses and malware from your system.
Remove Firefox from scratch
Some problems with Firefox can be solved by reinstalling Clean. This means that you need to uninstall Firefox’s program files and reinstall Firefox. This process will not remove information from your Firefox profile (such as bookmarks and passwords), as this information is stored elsewhere.
To reinstall Firefox, follow these steps: Note: You can print these steps or view them in another browser.
- Download the latest version of Firefox for Desktop from mozilla.org (or choose a download for your operating system and language on this page) and save the installation file to your computer.
- When the download is complete, close all Firefox windows (or open the New Fx menu in Firefox and click “Close” 29).
- By default, you remove the Firefox installation folder, which is located in one of the following places:
- Windows :
- C: Mozilla Firefox program files
- C: Program files (x86) Mozilla Firefox
- Now reinstall Firefox:
- Double-click the downloaded installation file and follow the instructions of the installation wizard.
- Once you are done with the wizard, open Firefox as soon as you click the “Done” button.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to diagnose Windows errors and optimize system performance.
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Convenience Store
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing computer professional. I have years of experience in computer programming, troubleshooting and hardware repair. I specialize in web development and database design. I also have CCNA certification in network design and troubleshooting.
Frequently asked questions
Why doesn’t my right-click work in Windows 10?
If you have a wireless mouse, replace the batteries with new ones. You can also check your hardware with the Windows 10 Hardware and Device Diagnostics wizard as follows: – Click the Cortana button on the Windows taskbar and type “hardware and peripherals” in the search box. – Select Troubleshoot device issues.
How do I fix a right-click that doesn’t respond?
Restarting the file explorer can solve the problem by right-clicking. You need to start the task manager: press Ctrl + Shift + Esc on your keyboard. In the “Task Manager” window, on the “Process” tab, search and select “Windows Explorer”. Click on the “Restart” button and Windows Explorer will restart.
How do I click the right mouse button?
8 ways to right-click web page content …
about:config, firefox right click menu, firefox update