The NVIDIA Control Panel is a quick way to change or adjust graphics settings to improve the appearance of your games. When you install the Nvidia graphics driver, the NVIDIA control panel is automatically installed on your Windows 10 PC. You can easily open it from the desktop or from the context menu, but sometimes it just doesn’t work, because the NVIDIA Control Panel in Windows 10 doesn’t open. The cause may be a faulty graphics card driver, a faulty Windows update, missing or invalid registry entries, or an accidental error. However, updating or reinstalling the NVIDIA GeForce driver worked for most users.
If you notice that the NVIDIA Control Panel does not boot or is not responding to Windows 10, you can solve the problem here.
NVIDIA control panel does not open
Before applying any of the recommended solutions, restart your computer. This action updates the operating system and temporarily deletes damaged data that prevents the NVIDIA Control Panel from opening on a Windows 10 PC.
Sometimes security software or third party antivirus programs are the common cause of not opening many applications. Try disabling the antivirus for a moment and see if you can open the NVIDIA panel now.
Restart of the container process for NVIDIAdisplay
- Simultaneously press Ctrl + Shift + Esc on the keyboard to start the Task Manager.
- On the Process tab, locate the NVIDIA Display Container Process, right-click on it, and select Final Job. You can do the same with other NVIDIA processes.
- Now try to open it from the desktop or the context menu to see if the Nvidia control panel is still open or not.
Reboot NVIDIADisplay Driver Service
Again, if the NVIDIA display driver service is blocked or for some unforeseen reason does not work, you will not be able to open the NVIDIA control panel. Follow these steps to check or restart the NVIDIA display driver service.
- Press the Windows logo key + R on the keyboard, type services.msc, and then click OK.
- This opens the Windows Services console, scrolls down and finds the NVIDIA Display Container LS service.
- Check the status of the NVIDIA Display Container LS service when it is active, right-click on it and select Restart,
- If the service does not work, right-click on the NVIDIA Display Container LS service and select Properties.
- First set the start type to Automatic and start the function as soon as it is executed.
- Click Apply and OK to save the changes, do the same with the NVIDIA LocalSystem Container service and open the NVIDIA Control Panel to check if the changes have been made.
NVIDIAGraphics Card Driver Update
Again: If you have a corrupt or old NVIDIA graphics driver installed on your computer, the control panel will not work or open. You should also check to see if there is an updated NVIDIA display driver to solve the problem with the NVIDIA control panel that does not open in Windows 10.
- Right-click on the Windows 10 Start menu, select Device Manager and display a list of all installed device drivers,
- You can also open the device manager with devmgmt.msc,
- Locate and enlarge the screen adapters and right-click NVIDIA,
- In Device Manager, expand the display adapters, right-click the NVIDIA GeForce driver, and select Update driver,
- Click Automatic Search to search for drivers and follow the on-screen instructions to download an updated driver from the Microsoft server (if available).
- Then restart your PC and try to open the NVIDIA Control Panel to see if the problem is solved or not.
Relocation of the Nvidia GeForceExperience
Still haven’t opened the NVIDIA Control Panel, isn’t it responding? Try reinstalling the NVIDIA driver with the latest version.
Removal of NVIDIA drivers
First, let’s remove the old NVIDIA graphics driver from the Device Manager,
- Press Windows + X at the same time and select Device Manager,
- A list of all installed device drivers is displayed and display adapters are found and expanded,
- Right-click the NVIDIA Geforce and select Remove Device,
- Select the Uninstall drivers for this device checkbox and click the Remove button when prompted to confirm.
- Now press Windows + R, type appwiz.cpl and click OK,
- This opens the Programs and Features window and allows you to uninstall all NVIDIA related drivers and restart the PC.
You can also use the DDU or Display Driver Uninstaller to completely uninstall NVIDIA drivers before reinstalling them.
Installing NVIDIA Graphics Drivers
- Now go to the official NVIDIA website, download and install the latest NVIDIA graphics driver for your computer.
- Then restart your PC and try to open the NVIDIA Control Panel to see if the problem is solved.
In addition, several Windows users report that installing the latest NET Framework and VC++ Redistributable solves the problem with the NVIDIA Won’t Open control panel.
Download the latest version of the .NET Framework
Download the latest version of VC++ Redistributable
In addition, run a system file check program to repair missing or damaged system files with the appropriate program. And solve the situation where the NVIDIA Control Panel does not open the problem when a corrupt Windows system file causes the problem.
Did these solutions solve Nvidia’s missing control panel or not respond to the problem in Windows 10? Please let us know in the comments below.
Also read :
reports this message.
nvidia control panel not opening 2020,nvidia control panel won't open 2020,nvidia control panel application is not compatible with installed nvidia driver,nvidia control panel not opening windows 10,nvidia control panel file system error 12007,windows could not start the nvidia display container service on local computer,nvidia control panel windows 10,How do I enable Nvidia control panel?If you downloaded the Nvidia drivers from their website, after installing them and after you reboot the computer, the Control Panel should show in the taskbar. If not, download the app from the Microsoft Store. See more on our dedicated Nvidia control panel page.How do I redownload Nvidia control panel?You have two choices. Either use Microsoft Store to search for and download Nvidia Control Panel, or you can use the Advanced Search on Nvidia page.How do I reinstall Nvidia?If reinstalling the Nvidia drivers is in order, then this particular solution from the article will show you exactly what to do.,If you downloaded the Nvidia drivers from their website, after installing them and after you reboot the computer, the Control Panel should show in the taskbar. If not, download the app from the Microsoft Store. See more on our dedicated Nvidia control panel page.,You have two choices. Either use Microsoft Store to search for and download Nvidia Control Panel, or you can use the Advanced Search on Nvidia page.,If reinstalling the Nvidia drivers is in order, then this particular solution from the article will show you exactly what to do.,nvidia control panel download,nvidia control panel won't open reddit,nvidia not working windows 10