Since TunnelBear is already a very good service, we have to recommend you to someone else. Our main recommendation is private internet access, or PIA for short.
The company, which is part of Kape Technologies, also focuses on privacy, but has a much larger and more extensive server network around the world. This means there is less chance of connecting to a full server and working at low speed.
The best features of sustainability impact assessments are as follows:
- An extensive network of over 3,000 servers
- Confidentiality: no logging policy and no strong encryption protocols
- WireGuard support on all servers
- P2P connections are allowed
- one subscription can be used for up to 10 simultaneous devices
Private Internet access
PIA is an excellent alternative when TunnelBear fails. Buy it now at a discounted price for a limited time only!
If you get a TunnelBear error message when connecting to the server, your connection may be slow or unstable. Therefore, TCP Override should be enabled for best performance. You can find this feature in the TunnelBear settings under the General tab. If it’s already on, turn it off and see if that changes anything.
Make sure you do not run the TunnelBear browser extension at the same time as the TunnelBear application, as they can interfere with each other and cause a connection error with the server.
Did you know that 20% of VPNs give your IP address? You want something better?
GhostBear helps to connect from a country with strict censorship rules or laws. Go to TunnelBear settings under the Security tab and look for GhostBear.Security settings
This makes it harder to detect and/or block a VPN connection, but only allows it in cases of censorship, otherwise it should remain disabled.
TunnelBear Connection Tips
- Only connect to WiFi when the signal is strong and stable and no one else is sharing the connection.
- Do not move when connecting to TunnelBear VPN.
- Use TunnelBear VPN for a short period of time
- If you need to connect via mobile data, go to a location where the signal is strongest.
- Limit data usage when TunnelBear VPN is active.
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know below if these solutions helped to resolve TunnelBear server connection error.
FAQ: More information about TunnelBear
- Where are the TunnelBear servers located?
TunnelBear’s servers are located in 20 countries around the world. Most servers are located in France, Germany, Denmark, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom, followed by Australia and Asia.
- Does TunnelBear hide your IP address?
TunnelBear is a powerful VPN that can successfully hide your IP address without allowing third parties to determine your real location. See our TunnelBear review.
- Does TunnelBear offer free data?
Tunnelbear offers users a free 500 MB data volume per month for trial purposes. This free VPN option is available to all non-paying users.
- Why doesn’t my TunnelBear connect?
There can be several reasons why your Tunnelbear connection is not working: Your internet provider restricts VPN connections, your internet connection is not stable, the right ports are not open, and so on. Read our article on how to solve these connectivity issues.
Editor’s note: This article was originally published in February 2018 and revised and updated in January 2021 for timeliness, accuracy and completeness.
why is tunnelbear not working, bearsmyip, tunnelbear not working android, tunnelbear keeps disconnecting, is tunnelbear down, tunnelbear slow to connect, tunnelbear error 1006, tunnelbear support