4. Right-click Windows Update and select Start.
This allows the service to be restarted when it is stopped. When the process is complete, restart the computer to see if the error persists. If that is the case, proceed to the next solution.
If the registry of your Windows Update service is missing or corrupted, follow these simple steps to fix it quickly and easily.
4. Recovery of the key from the registry
- Click on the Start button and enter the advanced startup options.
- Select Advanced Startup Options from the search results and the General Settings screen will appear.
- On the right side of the window you will find the Advanced option.
- Click the Restart Now button to restart the computer in advanced boot mode.
6. Click on the Repair button. This will reboot your computer. Choose an administrator account when prompted.
The car repair tool now searches for damaged registry entries and repairs them. Once the process is completed, the error code 024001e will most likely be resolved. If not, proceed to the next solution.
Do you need more ideas on how to fix a corrupt registry? See this guide for more information.
Run a scan of the PC with the Restoro Repair Tool to find errors that cause security problems and delays. Once the scan is complete, the damaged files will be replaced with new Windows files and components.
Disclaimer : You’ll have to switch to a paid plan to help.
Stuck in a car repair circuit ? Don’t worry, find the solution in this comprehensive guide.
5. Rename the distribution folder of the software
- Click Start and type Run. You can also press the Windows + R keys.
- In the Run dialog box, type Service.msc and press Enter.
3. Browse the list of services to find Windows Update.
4. Right-click on Update Windows and select Stop.
5. Navigate to C : (or the local disk directory) and select Windows. Find the SoftwareDistribution folder.
6. Right-click on the SoftwareDistribution folder and select Rename. (Rename the folder to something like SoftwareDistributionOld).
7. Click Start and type Run. You can also press the Windows + R keys.
8. In the Run dialog box, type Service.msc and press Enter.
9. Browse the list of services to find Windows Update.
10. Right-click Windows Update and select Start.
When the process is complete, restart the computer to see if the error persists. If that is the case, proceed to the next solution.
For more information on renaming the distribution folder of the software, see this detailed manual.
6. Perform system repair
- Click Start and type System Restore in the search box.
- Choose System restore in the search results.
- In the window that just opened, follow the on-screen instructions.
The system recovery process will now begin. When the process is complete, restart the computer. This will probably fix bug 024001e.
If you want to know more about creating a restore point and how it can help you, take a look at this simple article to learn all you need to know.
Is your Windows search box missing in Windows 10? Find him with this great article.
If the system repair does not work, do not panic. Refer to this handy guide and reconfigure it.
I hope one of those worked for you. Otherwise, try contacting Microsoft support.
If you have any other suggestions or questions, feel free to leave them in the comments and we will certainly review them.
FAQ: More information on correcting update errors
- Can I uninstall the Windows 10 SoftwareDistribution folder?
If Windows Update fails, you can safely delete the contents of the folder. We have a complete manual for removing the distribution folder from the software.
- How do I clean my registry?
If you keep your registry clean, there will be fewer errors and software conflicts. Do it automatically with a register cleaner.
- How can I fix missing DLL files in Windows 10?
Read our guide on repairing missing DLL files and see how easy it is to solve this problem.
Do you still have a problem? Fix them with these tools:
This software corrects common computer errors, protects you from file loss, malware and hardware errors, and optimizes your PC for maximum performance.
Troubleshoot PC problems and remove viruses in 3 easy steps:
- Download this much appreciated PC recovery tool from TrustPilot.com (you can download it from this page).
- Click the Start scan button to scan for Windows issues that may cause PC problems.
- Click on Restore All to solve problems related to patented technologies (exclusive discount for our readers).
- Restoro has been downloaded by 0 players this month.
Editor’s comments : This article was originally published in October 2017 and revised and updated in January 2021 for timeliness, accuracy and completeness.
0x8024001e windows server 2016,error 0x8024001e windows 7,code: 0x8024001e windows store,0x8024001e fix,error 0x8024001e server 2016,0x8024001e xbox pc,windows update 8024001e,error message exception from hresult 0x8024001e,0x8024001e sccm,0x8024001e xbox app