Password management is essential if you have multiple online accounts. However, many users cannot manage and protect their passwords if they do it themselves without a tool. 1Password is a promising and popular password manager that allows you to store your passwords in a password vault and protect them from compromise. You can use the master password to access the repository even if you use multiple unique passwords for your accounts.
But even with robust and stable password management software like 1Password, errors can occur along the way. Sometimes users get the error message We could not reach the server when they try to register a password or access their storage space. If the password manager is concerned that there is a problem, there are some solutions that can help resolve it.
The full error message is as follows,
We couldn’t reach the server. Check your internet connection and try again.
Locating and fixing the error in 1Password We could not reach server.
The error message We could not reach the server at 1Password can have several causes. One possible reason is related to the bill. You may be having problems with your 1Password account, which is preventing you from backing up or accessing your storage. Another reason may be a weak internet connection, as indicated by the error message. To solve this problem, follow the solutions suggested below.
Credit : 1Password
Solution #1 – Check your internet connection
As mentioned above, your internet connection may be weak. Run a speed test to check the network speed. You can also turn on your network device to update your WiFi connection to the Internet.
- Turn off the device and disconnect the router and modem from the network.
- Wait at least one minute before plugging it back in.
- Now turn on the device and try 1Password again.
Solution #2 – Update your browser
- Start your browser.
- Go to Settings or the Help section.
- Click on the information page of your browser.
- Select Updates or Check for updates.
- If there are updates available for your browser, install them and restart your device.
Solution#3 – Update thebrowser extension 1Password
Update 1Password extension in Google Chrome
1Updating password via Safari
- Press 1Password in your Safari browser.
- Select About 1Password.
- Check the version number and installation location.
- If you are using the 1Password store, click on 1Password in your browser.
- Select Preferences.
- Enable automatic check for updates.
- Click on Check Now.
- If you’re using the Mac App Store, open the Apple menu.
- Choose System Settings.
- Touch Software Update.
- Choose Advanced.
- Enable application updates from the Mac App Store.
Download 1 Updating password extension via Mozilla Firefox
1Password Upgrade to Brave Browser
Install the 1Password browser extension update on Microsoft Edge
Screenshot: Shipping from Windows
Solution #4 – Reinstall 1Password
If the error does not disappear after applying the above solutions, you should uninstall and reinstall the 1Password extension.
Which solution solved your 1Password error? We’d love to know what works best, so please post your answers below.