At the moment, I’m using Windows 10 Home on a MacBook Pro. I’ve been using Windows for a few decades now, but I’ve found that I need to use 2-3 GB of RAM at the moment, with an occasional spike of up to 5 GB. This is more than just a nuisance, as it impacts my ability to use multiple programs simultaneously, especially when I’m tweaking my system, as I often have to restart the Windows 10 programs that I use.
For some users, a too big library of desktop and application windows can cause performance problems.
This is a common problem, and can lead to crashes, freezes and even slowdowns. The best way to fix it is to use the manage-start-stop feature. Click the Start button and type “manage”. This will bring up the window with the manage tool. The manage tool can be used to start programs and close them, and to prevent programs from running. To close programs, click on the Close button.. Read more about desktop window manager high memory usage windows 10 and let us know what you think.However, sometimes it can go wrong and consume too many resources, which can result in black screen errors or software crashes. Here’s how one user complains on Reddit: Windows Process, the desktop window manager, consumes an incredible amount of resources after hours of computer use; it causes black screens and software failures. Apparently this is a serious problem and, although there is no official response yet, another user says it is caused by a recent bug in the Intel drivers.
How can I solve the high memory usage of the desktop window manager?
1. Restart file management via Task Manager
- Right-click in an empty spot on the taskbar and select Task Manager.
- Locate the Windows Explorer process and click Restart at the bottom right of the screen.
This is just a workaround described by a user who experienced the same problem, but if it worked for him, it’s worth a try.
2. IntelUpdate or Revert Graphic Driver
- Right-click on the Start button and select Device Manager.
- Unfold the display adapter, right-click on the graphics driver, and select Update from the menu.
- Select the top option Automatically search for drivers.
- If you get the message The best drivers for your device have already been installed, you can also check the manufacturer’s website for new drivers for your GPU.
- You can also click the Check for Updated Drivers button in Windows Update, which takes you to the Windows Updates section.
- Click on the Optional Updates option and check for driver updates.
We fully understand that updating the drivers is causing you some headaches. However, there is a faster and more convenient way to update the drivers with special third-party software. The recommended solution below automatically and effortlessly updates and fixes all your drivers, not just the graphics driver. Update Results If you are a gamer, photo/video producer, or work with visually intensive processes on a daily basis, you already know how important your graphics card (GPU) is. To ensure that everything goes smoothly and no GPU driver errors occur, it is best to use a comprehensive driver update wizard that will solve your problems in a few clicks. We recommend DriverFix. Follow these simple steps to safely update your drivers:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Start the software.
- Wait until DriverFix has detected all defective drivers.
- The application will now show you all the drivers that have problems, and you only need to select the one you want to fix.
- Wait until the application has downloaded and installed the latest drivers.
- Restart the computer for the changes to take effect.
Let your GPU perform at its best without worrying about drivers. Denial: This program must be upgraded from the free version to perform specific actions.
3. Perform a full system check
- Click Start and select Settings.
- Go to Update and Security.
- Open the Windows Security tab and click Protect against viruses and threats.
- Scroll down and select Scan Settings.
- Select Microsoft Defender Offline Scan. and click Scan Now.
- Be sure to save your work and close all open programs.
- Click the Scan button to restart the computer.
Windows shuts down and runs an offline scan. The computer will then restart automatically. Then check if the desktop window manager is still using too many resources. We hope that by applying these solutions you can solve the Desktop Window Manager problem with lots of memory. If Desktop Window Manager stops working and is closed, we also have a good guide to solve this problem.If you are using the open source Desktop Window Manager (DWM), chances are that you have seen or experienced firsthand its memory consumption, which is often considered as being a limitation of the program. While the desktop environment itself is not resource intensive, the Window Manager has to support each and every window that it creates, which brings the total memory demand to a level that is too high to be supported on multiple cores or single core CPUs.. Read more about desktop window manager high memory 2020 and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is DWM exe using so much memory?
Desktop Window Manager is a sophisticated client-side window manager for Linux desktop systems, which displays windows on the desktop and interacts with window managers to manage the desktop. The current version of DWM is showing signs of memory consumption issues. We need to figure out what’s going on, and how to fix the problem. In Windows 10, a program called Desktop Window Manager aka DWM is used to manage the desktop’s appearance and maximize the work surface. It’s a convenient tool to use, but it’s also a heavy memory consumer, so it can cause a PC to become sluggish and its hard drive to run out of space.
Can I shut down desktop window manager?
Desktop Window Manager is a great tool to manage open desktop windows. If you find it consumes too much memory, you can disable it. So, you are at work and you are using a Desktop Window Manager (DWM) such as ksnapshot, a lightweight DWM similar to Awesome window manager. To be honest, I am using ksnapshot for a very long time now, and I really like it. It is what I used until I upgraded my Ubuntu server to Ubuntu 14.04.
How do I reduce memory usage in Task Manager?
Task Manager is included in Windows by default, and it allows you to pause applications, close processes, and free up RAM. The Task Manager window can be located from the Start menu or by pressing the Windows Key + Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys. By default, Task Manager shows the amount of memory used by each process, with the most used processes shown at the top of the list. You need to have a look at Task Manager. Task Manager is one of the most important tools in the Windows OS. It is a free program that can be used to view and manage tasks that are currently running on your computer. It gives you in-depth information about running processes and allows you to close tasks that are taking up resources.
Feedback,desktop window manager high memory fixdesktop window manager high memory 2021desktop window manager high memory 2020desktop window manager high gpudesktop window manager high cpudesktop window manager memory leak,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,desktop window manager high memory usage windows 10,desktop window manager high memory fix,desktop window manager high memory 2021,desktop window manager high memory 2020,desktop window manager high gpu,desktop window manager high cpu,desktop window manager memory leak,can i end desktop window manager