How long does it take to diagnose in Windows memory?
Diagnosing Windows memory in advanced mode can take anywhere from 15 minutes to over 20 hours, depending on the amount of RAM available.
If you are working in advanced mode, Windows memory diagnostics can take several hours. Moreover, the application is known to be blocked at 1% and 21% progress for several hours.
However, if the device is stuck for a whole day or more than 10 hours, the problem may be due to a system error.
In this article, we have listed some troubleshooting steps that will help you solve the blocked/frozen memory problem in Windows diagnostic program.
How do I solve a Windows Memory Blocked Diagnostic Problem?
1. Wait for the tool to finish working
When using the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool in Advanced Mode, it can take more than 8 hours. Sometimes the tool is stuck for hours at 21%, 88%, 89% and 90% progress. You can’t see progress for more than 4 hours.
However, this is normal if you are using the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool. If the tool is not locked at 21% for the day, you can run it for a few hours and complete the process without interruption.
If the tool is stuck for more than a day without progress, you can try the other troubleshooting steps in this article.
2. Run the tool after creating a cleandownload.
- Press the Windows + R key to open Run.
- Type msconfig.msc and click OK. The system configuration window opens.
- In the System Configuration window, open the Services tab.
- Select the Hide all Microsoft services check box. This will hide all Microsoft Windows services required by the system.
- Then click the Disconnect All button.
- Click the Apply button to save your changes.
- Right-click on the taskbar and select Task Manager.
- In the Task Manager, open the Run tab. The Windows.
- Select all services one by one and click Disconnect. Make sure you disable all services on the Start tab.
- Close Task Manager and click OK in the System Configuration window.
- Restart your computer.
- Your system will boot into clean boot mode.
- Restart the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool and see if the problem is resolved.
If the third-party software does not allow the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool to complete the test, running it in clean boot mode should help. In Clean Boot mode, Windows boots up with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs to determine if the background program interferes with other programs.
3. Test with MemTest86
- Make sure you have a working USB stick to use as a boot key. Make sure the player is empty, because
- Download MemTest86 from the website.
- Right click on the downloaded folder and select Extract All.
- Press Eject.
- Connect the USB memory device to the computer.
- In the newly unzipped folder, run the imageUSB.exe file.
- Make sure the connected drive is recognized in the ImageUSB window and click the Write button.
- Then click the Exit button to close the ImageUSB tool.
- Then turn off the computer. Insert the USB flash drive and reboot the system.
In most cases, the tool starts automatically after a restart. If your system cannot boot from a USB drive, change the boot priority by changing the BIOS setting.
windows memory diagnostic extended time, windows memory diagnostic tool loop, windows memory diagnostic tool results, windows memory diagnostic tool stuck at 0, how to stop windows memory diagnostics tool, windows memory diagnostic tool black screen, windows memory diagnostic vs memtest, windows memory diagnostic results, windows memory diagnostic black screen, windiag iso, memory quality test, your computer has a memory problem, memory management blue screen, stop code memory management ryzen, memory management bsod reddit, memory_mana, memory management surface pro, memory management error windows 8, what is windows memory diagnostic tool, memory test failed – hp, does windows memory diagnostic increase ram, my new laptop is hanging, lenovo laptop keeps freezing windows 10, laptop hangs on startup, hp laptop hang problem solution, my laptop keeps freezing and not responding, computer keeps freezing when playing games, windows 10 memory diagnostic tool stuck, windows memory diagnostic tool taking too long, windows memory diagnostic tool hardware problems were detected, computer freezes during memory diagnostic, how to exit windows memory diagnostic