The Yahoo Mail app for Windows 10’s Mail app is a free email application that allows you to access your Yahoo email account with ease. However, when setting up the app in Windows 10, some users are reporting that an error code 0x8019019a is showing up on their screen when configuring the app. This is a common error code and doesn’t mean that there is something wrong with your computer; the Yahoo Mail app simply needs to be updated.
This is a guest post by Mike. Mike is a software developer by profession. He has written several blogs on the subject. You can follow his blogs on http://feedbuzzard.com. This post is about the bug fix for windows 10 mail app to fix error code 0x8019019a
RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance.
The Mail app is a great feature of Windows 10, but from time to time users come across issues related to this app. When you log into the Mail application with your Yahoo account, you may encounter an error code 019019019a. Moreover, the report states: Something went wrong, we’re sorry, but we couldn’t fix it.
You can add different email clients in the Mail and Calendar app, which supports Outlook, Exchange, and Microsoft 365 accounts, and Yahoo users still use this feature. But like all other Windows components, this application can have some problems. Windows 10 Mail app error 019019019a usually occurs when you sign in to Yahoo or try to add an email client.
We will investigate this particular problem and its recommended solution. Although the symptoms may vary, as mentioned earlier, the problem occurs when you try to add a Yahoo email address. However, in our research we found a specific hack for this situation. We hope that this will also help in your case to solve the error in the email application.
What causes error code 019019a when configuring Yahoo Mail in the Windows 10 Mail app?
According to some users, the problem occurs when you install a Windows update or change your password. In one fascinating scenario, a user told us that the problem occurred because he forgot to update his password before it expired.
Some people have even experienced this problem when trying to log into the application for the first time. In addition, other possible factors should not be excluded:
- Outdated version of the messaging application
- Error while installing e-mail application
- A systematic problem.
We have collected several solutions to solve the Mail application not working in Windows Mail.
How to resolve error code 019019a when setting up Yahoo Mail in Windows 10 Mail app?
April 2021 Update:
We now recommend that you use this tool to fix the error. Moreover, this utility repairs common computer errors, protects you from file loss, malware and hardware malfunctions, and optimizes your PC for maximum performance. With this program you can quickly solve PC problems and prevent further problems:
- Step 1: Download the PC recovery and optimization tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step Two: Click Start Scan to detect problems in the Windows registry that may be causing problems with your PC.
- Step Three: Click Repair All to fix all issues.
Updating Windows and the Mail Application
Adding a Yahoo account to the Mail app may not work if the Mail app in Windows 10 or your system’s Windows OS is not up to date. If your system is not updated to the latest version, you may experience compatibility problems. Therefore, this problem can be solved by updating Windows and the Mail application to the latest version. Perform the following steps:
- Update your system to the latest version of Windows. You can go to Settings, then click on Update & Security and check for the latest updates. Make sure you don’t miss any more updates.
- After you have updated your system, press the Windows key and search for Mail.
- In the Mail search results, right-click and select Share.
- The Microsoft Store will open on the Mail application page. You can check here whether an update is available for the application. If updates are available, click Update.
- Reboot the system after installing the updates. After restarting, try adding a Yahoo account from the Mail application and see if the problem is resolved.
Delete the Yahoo account and add it again
Error 019019a may be caused by a problem in the system communication modules. You can resolve this issue by deleting your Yahoo account from the Mail application and then adding it back. Proceed as follows:
- In the Mail application, click the Accounts button that appears in the left pane.
- Now click on the Yahoo account and select Remove account from this device.
- Now confirm your actions to delete your Yahoo account and close the email application.
- Reboot the system. After restarting, add the Yahoo account to the Email application again and check if the account problem persists.
Add a Yahoo account with the option Other POP, IMAP account
If you tried solution 2 and the problem persists, repeat the steps above, but this time add an account with the Other POP, IMAP account option.
- Enter your Yahoo account details and check that the email application is working properly. If not, try the following solution.
- You can also try deleting all accounts added to the Mail application, and then adding only the Yahoo account and see if the problem disappears then.
Generate application password
For security reasons, Yahoo has introduced several security features for its accounts, and generating application-specific passwords is one of them. This function is sometimes useful to correct error 019019a, you can do as follows:
- Delete your Yahoo account by following the steps in solution 2.
- Then open a web browser.
- Go to the Yahoo Mail page and log in to your account.
- Go to your profile in the top right corner and click on Account Information.
- Now click on Account security.
- Click on the Generate Application Password option at the bottom of the page.
- Select More applications from the drop-down menu.
- Now click Create to create an automatically generated 16-digit password.
- Copy the password of the generated application
- Now launch the Windows 10 Mail application.
- Click on Accounts and select Add Accounts.
- Now select Yahoo.
- Enter your email address and in the password field, paste the password generated and copied from the application, then click Next.
- Verify that your Yahoo email account has been added successfully.
If the above process doesn’t work, delete the account you just added and try adding your own using the Other POP, IMAP account option to see if you can successfully add it.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance.
frequently asked questions
- Update Windows and the Mail program.
- Delete your Yahoo account and add it again.
- Add a Yahoo account with the option Other POP, IMAP account.
- Generate a password for the application.
- Resetting the Mail application in Windows 10.
- Make your account the administrator of the computer.
- Set strong passwords for all administrator accounts on your computer.
- Ensure that all computer users can change their passwords.
- Disable guest accounts.
- Encrypt all partitions on your computer with encryption software.
Sometimes reinstalling a new version of an application can solve reception problems. Uninstall the Yahoo Mail app on iOS and reinstall it. Uninstall and reinstall the Yahoo Mail application on Android.
- Select Settings -> Manage Accounts.
- Select an obsolete account to display the Account Settings dialog box.
- Select Change mailbox sync settings -> Advanced mailbox settings.
This source has been very much helpful in doing our research. Read more about how do i fix error code 0x8019019a and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is error code 0X8019019A on Yahoo Mail?
When trying to load a Yahoo email account on a Windows computer, an error message appears stating “0X8019019A”. Here are the steps you can take to resolve this problem and regain access to your account. This error number is a generic access code, which means it’s not a specific error. Generally, this code pops up whenever there is a problem with the Windows Live Mail program. To fix the issue, you will have to update the program or do a complete uninstall of the program and then reinstall it.
How do I fix error code 0x80070490 in Windows 10?
If you’re having problems with your Yahoo Mail account, you’re not alone. For some users, the issue is as simple as having a Yahoo password that is too short and easy to guess. For others, the problem is a bit more complicated. Some Yahoo users have found themselves locked out of their accounts, with error code 0x80070490 displayed on their computers’ screens. There’s a good chance that this issue has to do with the specific email client you’re using, but by default, Windows 10 users will be logged in to the Gmail desktop app. The error code 0x80070490 is one of the most difficult Windows error codes to fix because the causes and solutions are obscure. (Though the error itself is actually easy to understand.) The two most important causes are malware and a corrupt Windows system file. (A corrupted system file is also a leading cause of the error code 0x8007007E.) Fortunately, you can find malware and corrupted system files quickly with a free Windows scanner. You should also try to run System File Checker, which is also a free Windows utility that can repair many corrupted system files automatically.
How do I setup Yahoo Mail on Windows 10?
To set up Yahoo Mail on your Windows 10 computer, please follow these steps: 1. Open your computer’s web browser and type http://yahoo.com in the address bar. 2. You will then be prompted to enter your Yahoo username and password. If you don’t have one, click the “No, create one now” button, which will take you to a sign-up page. 3. After you sign in, you will be taken to your inbox. If you don’t see it, click the “Inbox” button in the upper-left hand corner of the screen. 4. You will now see your inbox in full view. To add a new email account to Yahoo, click the “Gear” Yahoo Mail is an email service that provides a free email address to anyone who signs up for an account. It’s a great place to start for anyone who is new to email services. Yahoo Mail is as safe and secure as your bank’s website, and provides secure logins, since you have to have a password to gain access to your email.
Feedback,windows 10 yahoo mail problemsyahoo error code 0x80070490windows mail error code 0x80070490how do i fix error code 0x8019019ayahoo mail error messagehow to reinstall mail app on windows 10,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,windows 10 yahoo mail problems,yahoo error code 0x80070490,windows mail error code 0x80070490,how do i fix error code 0x8019019a,yahoo mail error message,how to reinstall mail app on windows 10,cannot access yahoo mail on windows 10,yahoo error codes