RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance.
Audacity is a free, easy-to-use audio editing program for all major desktop platforms, including Windows, Mac and Linux. It is a widely used program for professional and personal purposes. So it’s one of my favorite must-have programs. But recently I encountered a strange problem and found the Audacity Internal PortAudio error on my Windows 10 computer. It’s hard to concentrate on my work with this error, and after some online research I discovered that many users have the same problem.
Although it seems very easy to use, you will encounter some bugs if you don’t configure it properly, especially on Windows where these bugs are very common. Recently, many people have reported an internal audio port error on their Windows 10 machine. In this article, we will explain a complete step-by-step guide to solve this problem.
What causes the Audacity Internal PortAudio error in Windows 10
This problem usually occurs when the recording equipment is not available. If you z. B. Click Edit, Preferences, and under Devices, no options are available for selection in the Recorder drop-down list.
An error may also occur if Audacity is configured to use a sample rate for recording that is not supported by your computer’s sound card. The sound card may also try to record more channels than the sound card can handle.
To resolve the Audacity Internal PortAudio error in Windows 10, follow these steps.
March 2021 Update:
We now recommend that you use this tool to fix the error. The tool also repairs common computer errors, protects against file loss, malware and hardware failures, and optimizes your PC for optimal performance. With this software, you can fix computer problems quickly and prevent others from getting them:
- Step 1: Download the PC repair and optimization utility (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step Two: Click on the Start scan button to detect problems in the Windows registry that may be causing PC problems.
- Step Three: Click the Fix All button to fix all issues.
Remove DroidCam virtual audio driver
- Open the Run dialog box by pressing Windows + R. Then type appwiz. CPL and press Enter to open the Programs and Features menu.
- On the Programs and Features menu, scroll down through the list of installed programs and look for the Droidcam Virtual Audio entry.
- If you see it, right-click on it and select Delete from the context menu. Then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstall.
- After restarting your computer, open the Audacity program and see if the problem is solved the next time you start it.
- Open the Run dialog box by pressing Windows + R. Then type ms-settings: troubleshoot and press Enter to open the Troubleshooting tab of the Settings application.
- On the Troubleshooting tab, scroll down to the Startup and Run categories, and click Playback Audio. Then click Run Troubleshooter to open the utility.
- After starting the troubleshooter, wait until the first troubleshooting is complete. If a problem is detected, click Apply this fix and follow the additional instructions to resolve the issue.
- If the solution is successful, restart the computer and check that the problem is resolved when you next start the computer.
- Open the Run dialog box by pressing Windows + R. Then type appwiz.CPL and press Enter to open the Programs and Features window.
- On the Programs and Features menu, scroll through the list of currently installed applications and look for the current installation of Audacity. If you see it, right-click on it and choose Delete from the context menu.
- On the uninstall screen, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstall process, then restart the computer and wait for the next boot process.
- After restarting your computer, open your default browser and go to the official Audacity download page. Then download the latest version by clicking the Audacity for Windows button in the list of available options. Next, download the Audacity for Windows installer from the list of available executables.
- Once the download is complete, double-click the downloaded executable and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation of the latest version of Audacity.
Realtek Audio Driver Installation
- Open the Run dialog box by pressing Windows + R. In the Run window, type appwiz.CPL and press Enter to open the Programs and Features menu.
- Scroll down the list of applications under Programs and Features and look for Realtek HD Manager (or any other Realtek audio driver).
- When you have found the driver you want, right click on it and select Uninstall from the pop-up menu, then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- Once all Realtek drivers are removed, reboot the computer and wait for the next boot.
- Open your default browser and go to the official Realtek audio driver download page and download the latest version.
- Once the download is complete, open the installer and follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall the latest Realtek driver.
- Once the installation is complete, restart your computer one last time and see if you get the same error message when you try to open Audacity.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to diagnose Windows errors and optimize system performance.
audacity internal portaudio error mac,audacity for windows 10,audacity no devices found windows 10,audacity wasapi not working,audacity not working windows 10,audacity error code: -9997,Privacy settings,How Search works,audacity could not find any audio devices,internal portaudio error macos