In this article, we have listed some steps that you can follow to remove Google Chrome virus in Android.
How do I remove pop-up viruses in Google Chrome on Android?
1. Removing problematic applications in safe mode
- Touch Settings.
- Open biometrics and security.
- Tap More Security Settings.
- Open the Device Manager applications.
- Here you need to override the device manager’s permission for suspicious third-party apps.
You may need to revoke the device administrator privilege to uninstall an application in safe mode. After removing the privilege, perform the following actions to remove the application.
Removal of malicious applications
- Press and hold the power button to enter the power menu.
- Press and hold the power button on the display.
- When the safe mode screen appears, press the key again to restart the phone in safe mode.
- Then uninstall the last installed applications, one by one.
- To uninstall an application, tap and hold the application icon.
- Select Delete and confirm the action.
- Once all suspicious applications are removed, restart your phone so that it starts up normally.
Launch Google Chrome on your phone and see if the popup problem is resolved.
Which applications should I uninstall?
Applications you may have downloaded from third-party sources, as APKs are likely the source of the virus. Try downloading and installing the app from the Play Store or from the developer’s official website.
2. Enabling playback protection
- Open the Play Store application on your Android device.
- Press Menu (three dots).
- Select Playback Security.
- Enable the Device Protection Threat Analysis option.
- If it is already activated, click the Scan button.
- Google scans installed applications for security issues and recommends appropriate measures.
Enabling Play Protect protects your device from problematic applications.
3. Block construction site notifications
- Open Google Chrome in the Android application.
- Go to the website.
- Press More (three dots).
- Choose Settings.
- Click on Site Settings.
- Under Permissions, click Notifications.
- Disable the notification of a web page.
If you do not see the Allow or Notify option, it means that notification is not enabled on the website. This should put an end to annoying ads or pop-up notifications in Chrome.
4. Factory reset
- Touch Settings.
- Press the General Control Key.
- Then select Reset.
- Select Reset to factory settings.
- Be sure to read the description, and then click Reset.
- You may need to enter a PIN or template.
- Then click on Delete All.
Message: If you reset your device to factory defaults, all data in the phone’s internal memory will be deleted. Make a backup copy before proceeding to the next steps.
The reset process may take some time, so wait for it to complete. Then download and install apps from the Google Play Store and restore the data.
5. Use a reliable solution
Google Chrome virus on Android will be a thing of the past once you try out a full-fledged cyber security solution on your smartphone.
frequently asked questions
How to get rid of Chrome Popup Virus ?
Reply by Chrome
How do I get rid of the pop-up virus on my Android?
Internet security – Malware – as it is.
How do I get rid of the Google virus notification?
Google Chrome (PC): Scroll down to the Privacy and Security page, select Content Settings and then Notifications Click on the three dots to the right of each suspicious URL and click Block or Remove (if you click Remove and then revisit the harmful website, you’ll be prompted to turn notifications back on).
Feedback,chrome spam notifications android,google chrome virus detected” pop-up,how to stop pop-up ads on google chrome,how to stop pop-up ads on android,how do i get rid of chrome pop-ups,remove open4u from android phone,Privacy settings,How Search works,how to solve chrome redirect problem in android,how to remove virus from android phone manually