When last did you have complete blood work? You don’t have to wait for your primary care doctor to order it or be sick to consider blood tests. As you strive to supercharge your health regimen, considering many measures, blood tests included, can significantly help. Today, labs, testing & x-rays Greensboro are more convenient, and with on-site services, you can have the blood work done with little to no hassles. But, when and why should you consider regular blood tests? Here is a quick guide to set you on the right path.
When to Consider Blood Tests
Whether healthy or not, annual blood tests are recommended. You might consider more frequent tests, though, based on your situation. Among the factors to consider when determining the frequency include:
- Age: As you get older, you are more susceptible to deficiency and contracting diseases
- Family history: If your family has a history of certain conditions, you may be safer with regular screening to detect developing concerns in time
- Health: When battling a certain disease, blood tests can help establish how well a treatment is going. In chronic condition cases, you can detect changes and take appropriate steps.
- Lifestyle: Lifestyle changes can take a toll on your health, and with the blood tests, you will learn more and easily adopt a healthier regimen.
- Certain health concerns: Don’t let your health concerns lead to stress and anxiety. Blood tests can reveal everything you need to know, giving you much-need peace of mind.
Why Regular Blood Screening is Recommended
Blood tests provide a chance to gauge your overall health. You also learn how your organs, such as the kidneys and liver, are working. With the screening, you can realize many benefits, including:
Blood tests help you learn if you are at a high risk of developing certain conditions, for example, heart disease. This makes it possible to keep them at bay with practical preventative measures. This ranges from lifestyle changes to nutritional and physical activity recommendations. Preventative health care is more productive, making it easier to lead a happier and longer life.
Blood tests diagnose diseases and conditions including diabetes, cancer, HIV/AIDS, and coronary heart disease, to mention a few. With regular screening, you will facilitate early diagnosis. This means you will catch the condition before complications develop. It translates to better treatment progress since the measures deliver better results, unlike when complications demand extensive and costly procedures.
Are you on active treatment or managing a chronic condition? Blood tests can reveal how well the treatment is going and spot potential side effects. Monitoring your status and treatment progression translates to effective measures to keep considerable concerns at bay. This includes revising the treatment if little or no success is seen or the tests indicate potential complications and side effects.
Blood tests don’t require any special preparations, are fast, and have no downtime. Including blood work in your annual wellness visits is recommendable, helping you ease the quests to lead a healthier life. Call or visit Triad Primary Care for more information or schedule a blood test.